Create vtour from cylinder stitch image.

• Hi.. Were having major issue processing our stitched images with krpano tools. Our files are all Cylindrical and the krpano always assumes there spherical! Please send us some direction urgently, were loosing faith in krpano..

Thanks all. im sure were just missing the point here. Sample image attached

were loosing faith in krpano..

that's quick.. this is your first post.. *thumbdown*

Make the cylidrical pics equirectangular and set in the <view>

Code
    limitview="range" fovtype="MFOV" hfov="360" vfov="40"  vlookatmin="-20"

that could be a way to go.

or use another droplet and use those settings and tiles...

are you going mobile? Then i suppose u should use the first routine i wrote here..

cheers,
    Tuur *thumbsup*

• Please send us some direction urgently, were loosing faith in krpano..

REALLY? Really?
    Did you even begin to read the documentation? Or are you just hoping someone with dump a bunch of code you can use to copy and paste as a solution without any effort?

https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#image

It helps to be polite first otherwise you could end up with non-polite answers.
    *unsure*

I'm thinking about creating a posting guide on how to ask for help here that would make it easier for both the people looking for help and those willing to share their time in giving it.

• Hi Guys.. Thanks for your swift response to our issue, Not expecting any code dump, We just seem to be going in loops here, was not being rude just frustrated..

The standard droplets thats come with the TOOLS are not working for us, Do we need to create a new droplet? or modify a line of code of a config file?

Just need a point in the right direction and im sure we will be on our way, Im using some modified templates currently with some great results.

Look forward to hearing form someone.

• Simply open the xml that was created.
    Read the documentation that I linked to and edit the file for your exact and unique specifications.

https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#image

<image type="CYLINDER"
    hfov="360"
    vfov="115.04"
    >

Expecting a droplet to be able to take a random file and know exactly what to do with it, is not realistic.
    Your image does not contain some special embedding exif that describes its geometry.
    You have to provide that.

Things get a lot less frustrating if you read the documentation and understand the examples that were provided. Once you past this step, then it becomes much easier to achieve the results you want, rather than try to hack n slash all the way to the solution immediately.

• You could probably also edit the droplet config to specify panotype which defaults to autodetect by possibly specifying cylindrical
    The makemulti res documentation says cylindrical is not supported.. but I see some option anyway.. possibly outdated documentation.
    OR you could NOT output the exact dimensions for your cylindrical that JUST happen to be the dimensions for a sphere. 2x1

• Thanks for that.. defiantly good to know I can tweak the config file, I find the tool automatically slices up my image and distorts it into a SPHERICAL projection. I have used some of the HTML samples with some test images but this is bypassing the tools. Going to keep reading and hope to figure this out..

The last project I did I hand coded the whole thing based on a HTML example, it was a mission and took hours. I would really like to make use of the tools :)

Cheers

Harry

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!