I use this code to load thepanoramas:

Code
    <preview type="cubestrip" url="preview.jpg" details="8"/>

<image type="SPHERE" multires="yes" tilesize="500">
    	    <level download="all" tiledimagewidth="5000" tiledimageheight="2500">
                <sphere url="tiles_10_%0v_%0u.jpg" />
    	    </level>
    </image

I think it is great and it allows me to get rid of any "loading device" as it is usully quite fast.
    But sometimes some tiles don't load and I can see a grey rectangle instead.
    For example:
    gray tile example

Click on "Back entrance"
    There should be a gray rectangle (quite large but not very high) on the left, in the building, just betwen the two group of girs walking as if they were to crash. This issue is quite random so I don't promise you can see it. There used to be another complete tile missed just next to that one, but I solved the problem uploading the tile again. The tile is not currently working is special as just the lower part of it is corrupted.

I wonder if any other users have experienced this at some point.

Some facts:
    - I have checked the tile it looks correct.
    This is the corrupted tile
    - I am not 100% sure on this but I would say that this issue only happend online.

Could be because I save my panoramas as baseline "optimazed" instead of "Standard" and that cunfuses krpanotools?

Thank you very much

• double check your tile image. I'm looking at it and while the file properties says 500x500... it's only measuring 500x440 (or there about).

Which correlates to the pano as well... in the pano... you are missing the section where the brick meets the pavement... and that intersection is not shown in the tile you linked... nor in the tile that would be below it.

I'm not sure what causes this... especially if it worked at least once when placed online. I could see a file corruption on upload.... but don't know what could happen afterwards.

Graydon

• Thank you very much for your help Graydon,

Your commentswere very useful and I think I got something.
    This tile in particular is corrupted.
    At the beggining I couldn't noticed because it looks correct and even the size is correct (500x500). But looking closer I noticed that, as you said, the bottom of the wall is missed. Compare with the correct tile it is pretty obious.
    That tile is fine in my computer, so upload it again solved the problem. I have saved the corrupted tile to see what was wrong and when I opened in photoshop and a warning promped saying that the file is corrupt or imcomplete.
    If the tile is fine in my computer but corrupted in the server, it is clear the problem must be either in my ftp software(filezilla) or in the server. I am going to try another ftp software anyway, as I am not entirely happy with filezilla. If I dont have this problem any more, then that was the problem.
    Finger crossed. I don't want to listen another client complaining about this. It is quite embarrasing.

Cheers!

• for an absolute guarantee that all of those little files were loaded correctly, I wonder if there is some sort of file verification script that could be used?? I could see it taking a considerable amount of time... but might be worth it on some high value / highly critical customers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!