Find objects panorama game, how to do it ?

• Hi all, I hope this is the correct forum to ask this question, if not feel free to direct me to the right place.

I have been trying to create a very simple hidden object game with a real photographic pano.

Reading through this forum I am extremely overwhelmed by the games made by zephyr and spacerywirtualne.
    Could anybody please set me in the right direction as to how this is achieved ? I suspect hotspots with added javascript ?

What I want to do is really simple, have 5 objects hidden in a panorama and keep some kind of score, or visual reference to what they have already found.

I really have no clue where to start

Best
    erki

• Hi,

As you can see in my signature, I've made such a game. It was my graduation project. At the time I made it, there was no ipad support yet for krpano, so It's flash only.

the basics are simple:
    - The world is created in 3d (3dsmax). This was a choice, since we wanted to integrate 3d in the whole. Alsoo, since the game is ment as a educational lesson, 3d would allow us to go beyond whats real. Imagine going into a human body and learn about anatomy, or go straight to WW II.
    - The object are pictures distorted intoo the panorama. Since its 3d, we could use the same lightning as the scenery, making it harder to find
    - The object sends an event to Flash which keeps track of all object found and shows it in a grid.
    - the objects dont have a handcursor, this so children couldnt just scan with the mouse to find the object.
    - The status dropping down is a flash animation combined with some after effects fx, like the dust coming up.
    - Music and sound adds to the immersive effect
    - You get a reward after you find all 10 object (basicly a fireworks scene)
    - We tried to make the game, child proof. Basicly you start the game fullscreen, if you go out of fullscreen, the game pauses. Alsoo added clear green/red choices (good/bad).
    - We also added some interactive elements. For instance, in the temple, did you try to click the torches? http://talentstoolkit.com/pano/game/?xml=pano/photo_1_1.xml

Since it was our plan to create more chapters and subjects, I kept the code clean and modular. So I could add more chapters easily. But after 2 years, my knowledge of krpano increased and krpano expanded. Its still my plan to rewrite it, ipad compatible, and higher quality 3d renders.

• Hello Zephyr,

Thanks for the info, I really think your game is top, really nice attention to detail and a great source of inspiration.
    It'll be a while I guess before I can come up with something as good as your game, but I'm trying.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!