Co-ordinating map spots with other navigation

• So I bought the maps plugin and it works brilliantly ! I just loaded the plugin into the first panorama of a tour only. I have made some spots on the map and can navigate happily between them.

But I also have other inter-panorama navigation in my tour. And when the user clicks on these of course the Google plugin can't know the view is changed.

How do I best make sure that whenever the user navigates to a new panorama in the tour, the Google map shows the correct map location ?

Or in these situations is it best to simply decide not to have any other form of inter-panorama navigation just to keep things simple ?

thanks

• you need to create both, the spot and the action to update this example

<spot name="s7" lat="20.608147" lng="-105.234432"
    onhover="showtext(Name);"
    onclick="action(s7);"
    heading="20"
    />

<action name="s7">
    plugin[maps].activatespot(s7);
    plugin[maps].pantospot(s7);
    loadpano(null,qtvr=pano.mov,KEEPALL,BLEND(1));
    </action>

this will activate the spot 7 on the map and load the panorama from that spot

Hope it helps :)

• Richard,

to make sure I understand correctly...

1 - You can use the map and spots on the map to navigate between panos... and your spots / radar / map location all adjust as needed
    2 - you have other hotspot / plugins in the pano that take you from pano A to pano B

Now, the problem is you have this nice pano loaded and the map is showing it's spot and the radar is spinning around... all is good. But when you click on the in-pano hotspot (not the map)... and load a new pano... the map doesn't adjust?

I think you can fix this by changing the onclick action for your hotspot to point to the same action you use in the map... "action(s7);"

Graydon

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!