You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, April 29th 2009, 9:35am

Co-ordinating map spots with other navigation

So I bought the maps plugin and it works brilliantly ! I just loaded the plugin into the first panorama of a tour only. I have made some spots on the map and can navigate happily between them.

But I also have other inter-panorama navigation in my tour. And when the user clicks on these of course the Google plugin can't know the view is changed.

How do I best make sure that whenever the user navigates to a new panorama in the tour, the Google map shows the correct map location ?

Or in these situations is it best to simply decide not to have any other form of inter-panorama navigation just to keep things simple ?

thanks

Shanti

Intermediate

Wednesday, April 29th 2009, 5:30pm

you need to create both, the spot and the action to update this example

<spot name="s7" lat="20.608147" lng="-105.234432"
onhover="showtext(Name);"
onclick="action(s7);"
heading="20"
/>

<action name="s7">
plugin[maps].activatespot(s7);
plugin[maps].pantospot(s7);
loadpano(null,qtvr=pano.mov,KEEPALL,BLEND(1));
</action>

this will activate the spot 7 on the map and load the panorama from that spot

Hope it helps :)

Graydon

Professional

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 1:56am

Richard,

to make sure I understand correctly...

1 - You can use the map and spots on the map to navigate between panos... and your spots / radar / map location all adjust as needed
2 - you have other hotspot / plugins in the pano that take you from pano A to pano B

Now, the problem is you have this nice pano loaded and the map is showing it's spot and the radar is spinning around... all is good. But when you click on the in-pano hotspot (not the map)... and load a new pano... the map doesn't adjust?

I think you can fix this by changing the onclick action for your hotspot to point to the same action you use in the map... "action(s7);"

Graydon

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 2:49am

Graydon, you're brilliant ! Like all truly great ideas this one is obvious when you're told how :-)

Thanks for this and all the other times you've helped me out.