• Hello, I'm by no means a programmer or developer but my web
    programmer decided on Krpano as our viewer. I shoot mostly real estate and have
    gotten nothing but complaints from my clients regarding the poor image quality
    of our panos. My fear is that I'm going to start losing a majority of my
    clients/business if I cannot get this problem resolved immediately. My
    programmer seems a bit reluctant to look into the matter and see if it
    can be resolved so I'm trying to get some help here. If someone could please
    take a look at our demo and make some suggestions on how we can improve the
    image quality by getting rid of the wavy lines I'd really appreciate it. Our
    designer says there’s nothing that can be done until Krpano updates their
    version and also when Flash 9 or 10 comes out. If this is not true I'd like to know.

You can see our little disaster in action here http://www.gyvdemo.com

Thank you!

• Alsoo you're panorama is in constant movement with quality set on LOW. Upping this High could help too.
    Your xml:
    <display fps="60" tessmode="-1" stilltime="0.25" details="24" movequality="LOW" stillquality="HIGHSHARP"/>

try different tessmodes (5 seems to work for me best)
    Details to 32
    To decrease the loss of fps with these setting you can set the fps to 30-40

Alsoo what Klaus said, the beta supports flash 10.

With all of this combined, I think most would be solved.

• only other idea I was thinking was to not set auto-rotate to start right away. Let the pano sit for 15-20 sec the user will have time to see it at still setting quality then when it starts moving and the quality degrades they will know why. What Zep says will make it look the best though.
    I would concider adding a pause button or something to halt the auto rotate all together some people do not like panos that auto rotate. Especially in a nice home like the one you are touring. Soon as I stop to zoom in on something to get a closer look at it, the autorotate kicks in too fast. Otherwise it looks great.

• Here is a 6x1 Cubic Face Strip in our Hot spot Editor

Here is an Equirectangular image in our Hot spot Editor. As you can see the equirectangular image displays a complete layout for adding hotspots whereas the cubic pano faces appears a bit more confusing at a glance so my questions are:

1) Is there a way to get the cubic to display a more natural image for adding hot spots?

2) We appear to be limited to being able to add hotspots (both cubic and equirectangular) at a 0 degree level. Is there a way to change this so we can add hotspots to higher and lower areas?

Also we've upgraded to the latest version of KRPano and have abandoned the equirectangular image for a 6x1 cubic face strip pano which seems to load faster and provide a much better image quality at a smaller size than the previous equirectangular panos however we are no having an issue with the hotspots. When the hotspot is clicked the zoom goes down to the tripod or pano cap instead of the desired loaction. My programmer claims he has double checked the code and can see no errors so we're at a loss. Any advice or help is much appreciated. Here is an example of the issues we're having with the cubic hotspots http://tours.getyourview.com/property/550 The equirectangular hotspots do not have this issue with the zooming down onto the tripod.

As mentioned in my previous message I am not a programmer I just trying to get answers for my programmer. Any help you guys can provide is much appreciated.

Thanks you for all your feedback on our previous issue.

• Paul, are you using AutoPano Tour to add the hotspots, I've not used it before, but I guess the pictures your showing are from that.

On these questions you might have better luck on the AutoPano.net forum as most of the users here hand code their work and would want to see the XML code to try and help. Perhaps what your seeing is a bug in AutoPano or ....?

If you want quick help here, you'll probably need to show the xml being produced by AutoPano Tour.

Good Luck and nice PS work on your interior images, what is your approach to adding the views in? I would guess careful masking.

Regards,

Robert

• Robert:

Thanks for your help I'll forward this info onto our programer. As for the the outside view I didn't have to do anything since it was an even light inside and out so no masking or cutting was required however I did bracket the images. In most cases where the interior is darker than the outside I will either cut, use vector masks or layer and delicately erase unwanted material. I never use a flash or a strobe with any of my work, well I try not to. I'm curious to see what other people have to say about how they get clear interior and exterior images i.e. . Please post your ideas everyone cause this subject seems be a bit mysterious on the web and finding answers a bit difficult.

Thanks for your help.

• Paul,

I think your doing it about as well as it can be, short of lighting when shooting.

Adding masks, using the eraser tools with layers and a bit of tone mapping is about as good as it gets, at least from what I'm aware of.

The unique aspect of interior/exterior views and I want both in perfect color balance and view is one of the more challenging aspects of this business. But I've never seen any magic for doing it well, just lots of bracketing and post production work.

Do you try and do it in camera and light your way through it, or bracket and use HDR or fusion and/or layers in PS?

All of the above *smile*

Regards,

Robert

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!