360 videoplayer problems

• I have a file that is 170mb and it will not start playing till it is fully loaded...

any ideas on how to prompt it to start?
    I know that if i make it smaller it will work but i just want to know if a file this size can be used without waiting for the whole video to load?

http://www.panoviewimaging.com/video/whales

xml:

<plugin name="video"
    url="videoplayer.swf"
    alturl="videoplayer.js"
    videourl="whalesfull.mp4"
    loop="true"
    volume="1.0"
    buffertime="3"
    />

<!-- define the pano image and get the pano video from the videoplayer plugin -->
    <image>
    <sphere url="plugin:video" />
    </image>

Thanks!

• I tried this, but with no result. It still waits to cache the entire clip. Assuming i can get this buffering issue resolved, can the videoplayer plugin handle a ~3 gigabyte .mp4???

Klaus, Thank you so very much for all your hard work!

• Hi,

the videoplayer plugin is just a thin layer over the Flash video API - that means the videoplayer plugin itself doesn't load or decode or buffer or cache anything - this is all done by the Flashplayer and the Browser...

simplified the plugin only sets the video url and places the video on the screen or in the pano, that's all!

so when the loading or streaming is not working correctly - then I think the problem is either or the server side (e.g. when the gzip compression was enabled, then the streaming wasn't working because the browsers is loading and decompressing the file before passing it to the Flashplayer) or the mp4 file itself is problematic or the is another Flashplayer or Browser problem...

best regards,
    Klaus

• I understand. Thank you!
    I am interested now how to give the videoplayer a video from a wide angle lens. Is this possible to change how it warps the footage?

For example giving it a spherical image (360x90)?

-Zack

• Ive got a similar problem im trying to solve. Im using Panotour pro and would like the video to stream instead of buffering entirely. Having exported with xml separate, I tried using the buffer time option but that doesnt seem to have any effect even locally.

• The colours seem really off... the sky is green when I play it.

I've successfully got 360 video to stream. Do you mind if I duplicate your project to my server to test temporarily?

• Hi,

Ive got a similar problem im trying to solve. Im using Panotour pro and would like the video to stream instead of buffering entirely. Having exported with xml separate, I tried using the buffer time option but that doesnt seem to have any effect even locally.

first - the Flashplayer streams only online - locally all files were loaded at once,
    second - if streaming is possible depends also on the server, see the notes about gzip above,

The colours seem really off... the sky is green when I play it.

this is an known Flashplayer bug on some systems,
    see here:
    http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928252

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!