jAddress: New plugin for direct links to panoramas and views

• Hi there

There's a new plugin available which provides direct links to panoramas and views. The functionality is similar to SWFAddress, but also works on the HTML5 viewer (iPad/iPhone/iPod). On the other hand, SWFAddress has more features than jAddress. More information on the plugin page: https://krpano.com/plugins/userplugins/jaddress/#top

Let me know of any questions or requests you have.

• Dear all,

this is a great Plugin and it runs at Desktop (ie,ff, chrome,…) and iPhone4
    (without bingmap!). My Problem is that the activated BingMaps-HotSpot is always
    the HotSpot from the first Scene! Is it possible to implement the code
    "plugin[panotourmaps].activatespot(%1); plugin[panotourmaps].pantospot(%1);"
    into the jAddress so that the right Map Hotspots would be activated? Or is
    there any other Opportunity?

For Example:

http://360grad-touren.de/00/04/index.html#p=scene_001

This is the
    Startscene, and if you are linking to scene_002 the MapHotSpot wich is active
    is that from the scene_001. That’s not very nice, because I am using this for a
    City Tour through my hometown and it is necessary to link directly to a special
    scene.

http://360grad-touren.de/00/04/index.html#p=scene_002
    Here is the MapHotSpot from Scene_001 active instead of scene_002 (the Hotspot directly
    under the Scene_001-Spot).

Thanks in
    advanced.

Regards

Markus

• Hi Markus,

You don't need to change jAddress to do this. Just add some code like this to your tour:

<events name="mapchange" keep="true" onnewpano="activateSpot(get(xml.scene))"/>
    <action name="activateSpot">
    plugin[panotourmaps].activatespot(%1);
    plugin[panotourmaps].pantospot(%1);

</action>

All the best,
    Manuel

• Hi Manuel,

thank your for your help! My Problem is, that at the entry is no "onnewpano", so the active Spot is always that from the scene_001?

Thanks in advance
    Markus

• I (copy the
    code into the tour.xml directly after der "<action
    name="startup">"

if you try this link

http://360grad-touren.de/00/04/index.html#p=scene_002

then is the active Spot in the map the Spot from the scene_001. If i try
    "f5", then is the active Map-Spot the right.

It would be great, that the right Map-Hot-Spot is active by entering the Pano after
    clicking the link (without “F5” and any other action).

Thanks in advance

• Hi

Struggling to get either SWF address or jAddress working!!! *angry*

Left messages on SWFaddress thread as well as above here. I have ended up purchasing both plugins in an attempt to get one working 'easily'. It would seem you are right with the ease of use of jAddress, with my current workflow using MAKE VTOUR and SCENES.

I have downloaded all and followed your example file etc and I am nearly there!!!! Unfortunately I find the same error on the iPad as indeed I do when viewing your own demo online with the same device.

All is well on the desktop but on the iPad I get this error

ERROR: js() - function "jAddress.start" not found

• Hi manuel,

I'd like to know if it's possible to check with the onstart setting of the scene in a virtual tour, if the request come from the xml or was written straight in the url or external link? The intro of my virtual tour would not be the same, depends of the request.

Thanks. *smile*
    Steph.

• Hi manuel,

Thanks for your advice. I thought about that. Problem is which variable i could use? Is there a "first scene" variable to check it? Could it be written in the "ja-start" action? Like :

ja-start(get(scene[2]); if(events.onfirstscene == null, set(events.onfirstscene, true)); ); . Then check the state in the onstart scene setting, if(events.onfirstscene, true, action1() );
    ifnot (action2); ??

Thanks for your help. *smile*
    Steph.

• Just a quick question as I am just starting to use jAddress. Brilliant by the way.

Question: When you specify a view with ath etc and fov works fine. I have autorotate which I like because it shows the viewer the viewing window is not static. But is it possible for the fov to slowly zoom out (or in) to the start up view fov, rather than stay at the fov dictated by ?p=scene........ fov=here

Steve

• esys, I think maybe I didn't understand completely what you want to do. Do you want to have a different intro depending on whether a scene is the first to load on the tour? If so, maybe it can be done like this:

<events name="resetfirstscene" onxmlcomplete="set(scenenumber,0)"/>
    <events name="incfirstscene" keep="true" onnewpano="inc(scenenumber)"/>

Then you can check what is the value of the "scenenumber" variable is. I'm not 100% sure if the order of the events is right, so it's better to test it.

• Hi Manuel,

I use a custom loading bar in some of my tours. Now I found, that jaddress is overriding these and I get this standard KRPano circular loading symbol. This has been no problem so far, so I noticed only today, that jaddress is causing this. But now one project is accepted with the loading bar and the client does not want the circular one. Any chance to fix this soon?

Yours,
    Michael

Edited once, last by mstoss (June 13, 2013 at 2:42 PM).

• Hi Michael,

Yes, jAddress does not keep the progress parameters. However, you can set the progress parameters when each panorama is loaded, with code like this:

Code
    <events name="reset-progress" keep="true" onxmlcomplete="set-progress"/>
        <action name="set-progress">
            set(progress.showload, bar());
            set(progress.showwait, none);
        </action>

Let me know if you run into any problems.

All the best,
    Manuel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!