Named anchor points

• I'm finding that by far the most time-consuming aspect of putting together a tour is figuring out the look-to and look-at points for navigation between panoramas.

So how about the ability in the 'editor' plugin to also have something called 'anchors'. You go into this mode, then click on the image. Each click creates an anchor point. You can also name these anchor points.

Then, when you're putting together the tour, instead of having to always figure out the exact co-ordinates for initial view, lookto and lookat etc, you instead just insert the name of the anchor point.

So it would look something like this (anchors in bold):

onclick="looktohotspot(hs1,auto,smooth(150,25,100));
    loadpano(park.xml,null,MERGE);
    lookat(tree1);
    wait(BLEND);
    lookto(tree2,smooth(25,100,100));"

• wouldnt that be possible now? you could just put 1 of the polygonal points from the editor in the pano, it wouldnt even show up when being viewed. label that as a hotspot then lookto that hotspot name. unless i am thinking wrong.

wouldnt that be possible now? you could just put 1 of the polygonal points from the editor in the pano, it wouldnt even show up when being viewed. label that as a hotspot then lookto that hotspot name. unless i am thinking wrong.

great idea!!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!