Gyro wacky in goodreader

• I profess, I don't know much about whats going on.. but perhaps someone else has seen this.
    Updated Goodreader.
    Using gyro in landscape.. Sucker then rotates the panorama -90 and does the gyro thing from -90.
    Activating gyro in portrait works and safari works. Using the latest version and version from 2 weeks ago.
    Actually, I don't think I tested the gyro ever in goodreader, so it may not have anything to do with the update.

• As the author of the gyro plugin, I don't have that specific app, so I cannot look into this. The source of the plugin is available, so if someone who does have the app wants to fix this, they are welcome to do so (and I would love the "merge in" the required changes so it will be available through the existing channels).

• Hi,

I'm not exactly sure but I think the most other browser apps are effected by this problem:

the most browser apps are using the native iOS UIWebView component to show the browser window,
    and regarding to a lot threads around the web - in UIWebView the Javascript properties "window.orientation" and "top.orientation" (which tell the current orientation of the device) were not set automatically and additionally also also the Javascript "window.onorientationchange" were not dispatched,

so this problem can be only fixed by the app-developer (if fixing is possible) or by Apple,

e.g. here a post about that problem with a potential (but partial) solution:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8438…#answer-2190708

best regards,
    Klaus

• Gyro fails in facebook app too in landscape or with orientation locked.
      ;(
    I think ill have to check for a gyro failure and have it turn itself off. My gyro runs at start so this is as catastrophically uncool as much as it is cool when it works.
    So whats the best method for this?
    Calling js to run a a check for these vars and if not found kill the gyro?

• This seems to work fairly well. If you only init the pass and fail, and not passed, it allows for the situation where the gyro can fix itself.. if first you turned it on using portrait.. a shift to landscape seems to work then.. at least in fb.

• Hi,

I have the problem as well and wrote an eMail to the developer of Goodreader. Maybe he can fix it.
    Did the same for iCab Mobile and the developer fixed it in no time. It had something to do with the gyro events not getting handled the correct way.

Meanwhile could you send me a working example with the correction code? Or does it only work in facebook?
    I tried to copy the action and run it as part of my startscene action but no luck - just the old behaviour...

Greetings
    Marcus

• Yeah - I figured that out right away but switching of gyro and/or autorotation at that position did not help.
    I used set(plugin[gyro].enabled, false); and/or set(plugin[autorotation].enabled, false); at the position of your autorotatorSwitchOff(); - no luck.

The funny thing is that my hotspots change orientation and work as expected. Just the panorama itself remains portrait...
    Starting orientation does not change anything either.

TIA
    Marcus

• Yes gyro is still on.
    I try to describe the whole scenario:
    1. I open up my panorama holding the iPad in portrait position - gyro works and everything is fine
    2. I turn the iPad in landscape position - things get screwed up gyro still working the hotspots get turned around 90 degrees and seem to work fine but the panorama stayes in portrait mode

I got an email from the Goodreader developer Yuri Selukoff stating that they will look into the issue. I think it will get sorted out pretty soon.

• Try that then.. this is cleaned up for simply copy paste.
    The hotspots won't work ever in gyro "if you use camroll" unless you put distorted="true"

Make sure you show him the source for the gyro, so that he can better understand whats going on.
    https://github.com/fieldOfView/kr…ree/master/gyro

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!