HTML5 and multitouch on large screens

• Hi,

krpano supports multi-touch gestures only in the krpanoJS viewer on iOS and Android (3.1 or higher),

on desktop browsers (except Firefox, but this browser has a different touch event system) there are currently no Javascript multi-touch-events available,

and the krpano Flash viewer itself doesn't support multi-touch - the Flashplayer theoretically provides interfaces for multi-touch - but in the Android Flashplayer there is still no multi-touch available - and on desktop I haven't seen or tested yet a compatible device, so I was not able to test and implemented that - and additionally there are limitations like that multi-touch doesn't work when the swf is embedded inside a HTML (which is the default case) on Mac - see the Note here),

so as soon as the Flashplayer and/or Browser support regarding multi-touch gets better, I will also try to implemented/add that also in krpano (either via Flash or redirected Javascipt events),

btw - if someone can recommend a cheap multi-touch (note - 'multi-touch' - not just 'touch') monitor, where multi-touch is definitely working and if possible good working (high update rate, many fingers) - please let me know!

best regards,
    Klaus

• A small addition to what Klaus said: I have a touch-enabled Windows 7 tablet, and (only) in Internet Explorer (only) in fullscreen mode, pinch-to-zoom somewhat magically just works. It behaves rubbish in comparison to what we've come to expect from (iphone) touchscreen interaction, but I was quite surprised to see it work out of the box.

• a solution to this is TUIO protocol. It runs between flash and a multitouch program. Also depending on the touch screen, the drivers sometimes have output for "pinch to zoom" which translates to a scroll action.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!