PanoTag - Facebook tagging

• hi!

I created a panorama using the "MAKE VTOUR (MULTIRES) droplet.bat". I copied the panotag plugin under the vtour directory, to the same place where my swf is. I configured the panotag_config.xml with my appid and included the plugin using in the tour.xml file. In the host HTML I put the facebook script import and the fb-root div as well. So basically I did everything just like I do when I use panotag with the "MAKE PANO (NORMAL) droplet.bat". (The latter works perfectly!). My question is: is there something special to know about multires vtours..? is there any way to determine the problem? (I mean a log or debug option in krpano about the loaded plugins or stuff..)

• Update:

I found the debug="true" logging="true" showerrors="true" attributes in the <krpano> tag. Managed to open a little infopanel in the panorama and see that the panotag plugin is loaded:

"WARNING: Locally not trusted - ExternalInterface NOT available!
    INFO: PanoTag version 1.0.9"

jabal

• Thank you very much Manuel, this was the problem.. *smile*

So for the future: if anyone wants to use panotag in a vtour then the panotag.xml should be included in each <scene> tag.

• Hi!

In my panorama user pictures do not appear if I click on the circles. My Flash debugger says:

Loader.content: http://www.example.com/tour.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/1 cannot access https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-as…510318138_q.jpg. A policy file is required, but the checkPolicyFile flag was not set when this media was loaded.

What shall I do to fix this? I googled on the topic, but seems that the line I should put in should go to the panotag plugin ActionScript sources that I obviously cannot modify..

• hi,

great plugin - got it working and testing it right now.

one quick question regarding the "postpicture" subnode.

is it possible to use a seperate/individual "postpicture" for each panorama instead of a fixed one?

background: i'm using xml for each panorama (no scenes). i've generated (originally for the swfaddress plugin share picture) one facebookthumb for each panorama. so if a user shares a panorama (via the swfaddress plugin right now) the corresponding facebookthumb for the panorama will appear. the file structure looks like this - e.g. the panorama 054_house.xml has got a thumbimage in /thumb/054_house.jpg; 055_winter.xml has /thumb/055_winter.jpg and so on ...

is there any chance to get these individual thumbs working with the panotag plugin?

• another thing rose while testing:

following case: if i'm using the freeversion with 10 tags (i guess it'll be same with the fullversion with 300 tags) and some facebook/internet troll is tagging itself 10 times (or in the fullverison 300 times i guess) on a pano and afterwards deleting all of its tags again (10 or 300) - no one else can tag itself because the taglimit is already reached without even having one tag displayed (because the were all deleted again after tagging).

wouldn't it be better a) to just count the tags that are acually on the specific pano (e.g. if there are 10 tags on pano with the free version and one user delets its tag, one additional user can tag itself) and b) to allow just one tagging per user per pano?

with these two suggestions the case mentioned above just can't happend.

EDIT: found in the 6th post in this thread that the "only one tag per person/per pano" is a server-side-option. so i guess "tag-spamming" is solved with this one. so the only to be address here would be the issue with deleted and never the less counting tags.

thanks

Edited once, last by pano_ramic (December 19, 2012 at 1:36 PM).

• Hi there

one quick question regarding the "postpicture" subnode.

is it possible to use a seperate/individual "postpicture" for each panorama instead of a fixed one?

Yes, any configuration option can be set for an individual panorama by defining it in panorama's file or scene node and deleting it in panotag_config.xml. For instance, inside your panorama file, you can use the following code:

<panotag postpicture="SOMETHING/>"

following case: if i'm using the freeversion with 10 tags (i guess it'll be same with the fullversion with 300 tags) and some facebook/internet troll is tagging itself 10 times (or in the fullverison 300 times i guess) on a pano and afterwards deleting all of its tags again (10 or 300) - no one else can tag itself because the taglimit is already reached without even having one tag displayed (because the were all deleted again after tagging).

As you said, the server side option prevents someone from tagging himself multiple times. The deleted tags do count towards the tag limit, but if there is a case of abuse, you can contact us to remove those tags completely, so that they don't count anymore.

• My tour has 4 scenes, each with different people. When i tag someone, need to send the link of the current scene so that the person checked to see exactly where they were.

Problem: PanoTag share on facebook link to the same scene (scene [0]), even though other people are in different scenes.

One solution would be to increase the parameter postlink = "% url%" with querystring stating the name of the current scene. You can do this? If so, how?

Regards,

• Hi new to this forum.
    I would be very thankful if someone could shed some light on this line in the instructions for implementing the PanoTag plugin.

Many thanks. *smile*

• Include panotag.xml on your XML file
  • Hi,

ZubbyQureshi, the instructions to configure the plugin are at https://krpano.com/plugins/userplugins/panotag/. Let me know if you need any further help.

Regarding the "null" tag, it may be caused something blocking PanoTag's initialization. One common thing is PanoTour's little planet animation at the start of a panorama.

Manuel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!