Plugin-Dragging on iDevices

• Hi there,

is it yet possible to use the drag-function on iDevices with the new krpano-version?
    To be a little bit more specific: Is it possible to build a custom menu which one could drag from left to right or up and down just with a finger instead of using buttons? Just like the menus in the most iPhone/iPad-Apps works!?

Thanks and best regards
    Nupsi

• Thanks for your reply, Klaus!

I know about the possibility using the mouse.x-position and spheretoscreen to simulate dragging, but it´s just not the same :( The realtime-calculation is just too slow on iDevices and the plugin stops immedately after the finger is taken from the device.

I meant something implemented directly into krpanos iphone.js which would give us the possibility to create something similar to the iPad/iPhone-Apps, where you can scroll softly through menus and pages. Some kind of javascript mouse follow-plugin that is not too processing intensive and supports smooth start/stop-events. And there has to be a way to keep the possibility to use a mousedown- and onclick-event on the plugin.

But guessing from your answer it seems that krpano 1.0.8.14 does not have such thing. Maybe in the future?

Best regards (and please excuse my poor english)
    Nupsi

• On this site you can see different types of draggable icons/plugins. They have a very good and fast response and even work on the oldest ipod smooth. The last example on the page even supports drag and click on the same icon/plugin. Thats exactly what I try to achieve.

I wrote my own little krpano-plugin using mouse.x and screentosphere, but it's just too slow *sad*

Thanks and best regards
    Nupsi

• Hi,

but it's just too slow *sad*

hmm...

I have made here a quick example:
    https://krpano.com/examples/draggingtest/

I'm using the code from here - Dragable plugins/hotspots
    there are 4 plugin elements and 1 distorted hotspot (center) to drag around,

on my tests iPads and iPhones it's working very very fast and smooth (even faster than in Flash on my desktop computer...)

best regards,
    Klaus

• Looks very promising, Klaus! It works even on the oldest and slowest iPod, but still not as smooth as regular Apps with draggable menus. I´ll check your code and try to implement it into my tours.

It would be perfect if the movement would end a little less abrupt when stop dragging? Something like a tween out-effect.

And right now there is no way to make the hotspot/plugin clickable too, or is there? If I add a onclick-tag, the ondown and onup-tags would be interpreted as "onclick" too. Hmm...maybe with some kind of timer?! Something like "if ondown LT 0.1 seconds than do action(click)" *g*

Thanks and best regards
    Nupsi

• A couple of versions ago, I tested it, and it was pretty sluggish... so I re-enabled it after trying your example on my project.. and even with children, it appears to work just fine!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!