fade panorama to black and start video

• hello my friends,

today i am looking for a special solution to fade a panorama smoothly into a black screen on which then a video should start.

unfortunately on the iPad there is no automatic trigger to run the video so my solution to use two scenes did work on the desktop but not on the ipad. is there a workaround to run the entire scenario in one scene without eating all the resources?

something like an action that could be triggered to fade the pano (or blend a black image over the pano), then "unload" the pano-tiles and then load/run the video? i should be able to get it going if only i knew how its possible how to fade and unload the pano.

haven't tried it yet, but could this be part of the solution?

• I tried this (which works fine on the desktop) but on the iPad it only loads the posterurl but no video. Even if I tap on it. Why?

• DEALING WITH VIDEO IN PANOS ON THE IPAD IS SOOOO FRUSTRATING !!!!

I've spend the afternoon and almost the whole evening just to find out that it doesn't even seem possible to trigger the start of a video by anything else but tapping on the video itself. Not even from a dedicated hotspot. Only if it once was successfully started with a tap on the video frame other external triggers (as from actions) do have any effect. Can somebody prove this or am I just too stupid?

In either case please send me some enlightenment!

When nothing seemed to work I started from scratch with the example Klaus provided and extended it step by step to match my needs and to figure out at which stage I might have made a mistake. Besides that a paused video doesn't start really paused (there is always a sound for the fraction of a second as soon as the video loads), I then could not find a way to get it started other then described above. Oh, how that sucks, ... please, Honey! ... better get me my pills! ...

• DEALING WITH VIDEO IN PANOS ON THE IPAD IS SOOOO FRUSTRATING !!!!

Totally agree!
    I'm sorry I can't enlighten you on this subject as I seem to be in a similar place (by the way, what pills work for you?! *smile* ). However, I do have a tip about the sound as the video loads. I always set my video volume at 0 and have an action to set it to 1 at some point after the pano has loaded.

Here's an example from one of my tours. Hope it helps:

<plugin name="video1"
    url="hotspots/videoplayer.swf"
    alturl="hotspots/videoplayer.js"
    videourl="hotspots/vids/terraza.mp4"
    altvideourl=""
    posterurl=""
    scale="0"
    align="center" x="120" y="63"
    pausedonstart="true"
    scalechildren="true"
    loop="false"
    visible="false"
    parent="panel1"
    volume="0.0"
    buffertime="0.1"
    updateeveryframe="false"
    onvideocomplete="stopvid1()"
    onunsupported="apology1()"
    />

<action name="playvid1">
    set(plugin[video1].volume,0.7);
    set(plugin[video1].visible,true);
    set(plugin[vid1_play].visible,false);
    tween(plugin[video1].scale,2.5,0.5);
    tween(plugin[video1].x,0,0.5);
    tween(plugin[video1].y,0,0.5);
    tween(plugin[vid1_shadow].scale,2.49,0.5);
    tween(plugin[vid1_shadow].x,0,0.5);
    tween(plugin[vid1_shadow].y,0,0.5,,
    plugin[video1].play()));
    </action>

• The sound problem should be solved with the latest release from Klaus.
    Thanks to a great idea from Sacha I found a workaround for the one-tap-starting-problem.
    Yesterday I did a test and it worked.
    Unfortunately it's really clumsy and one would only use it if in an iPad-tour an instant start is a must.
    The trick is to have the video invisibly intergrated using the posterurl and when clicked make it "flying" to release it from rotating with the pano.
    I also found that the flying attribute(?) isn't even documented in krpano documentation, one has to look at the flyout more hotspots example to find out about it.

Regarding the pills, it's always good to have plenty of sweets or chocolate around ;)

• One more problem regarding the fade.
    I need to fade the panorama to black (without leaving it!) and then start the video.
    So I tried an overlaying black image and the video with a higher zorder.
    But no matter which zorder the image has, it is always on top and the complete screen is black.

And there's even more issues.

Edited once, last by jschrader (October 2, 2011 at 10:51 PM).

• Klaus where are you.

This problem needs attention.
    At least you should have start of the video available like with sound when you tap the pano.
    I thought I could do it by making a large posterimage which I believed I could cover the full window, but it turned out that it resized to the videosize.

Hans

• Hi everybody,

In the meantime I solved this issue by using a black hotspot instead of a plugin.
    Which needs a bit more code, but anything else would obviously be too easy - *sigh*.

I did the same thing to display my "flyin-out" pictures which are basically called from a hotspot.
    ex 360 (click on the "photo" logo)
    What about when you call a black hotspot from a plugin, zorder works in that case ? Did you succeed, i try to do the same thing with a slideshow :
    slideshow pro problems

negative zorder are only available at the flash player

Thanks for that, i didn't know that! What then on iOs if i set a zorder="-2" ?

The trick is to have the video invisibly intergrated using the posterurl and when clicked make it "flying" to release it from rotating with the pano.
    I also found that the flying attribute(?) isn't even documented in krpano documentation, one has to look at the flyout more hotspots example to find out about it.

Did you succeed ? I'd like to use the "flyin-out" movement for my slideshow. *smile*
    Thanks

Steph.

• tween volume from a video doesn't work form at this link, do somebody know why ? thanks

http://www.camus.pro/chauvintest2/chauvintest.html

• Hi,

I still to be embarassed with THe black mask hotspot. It works great with a fly in out hotspot picture but i've a thumbnail plugin in the foreground and zorder doesn't work between hotspot and plugin. So user still able to navigate through the thumbs during video! If i put a black plugin, my picture is behind the black mask!

No issue?

Hi jschrader,

I'd like to fly in my videoplayer through a fly in out hotspot. Is that what you did?

Thanks. *smile*
    Steph.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!