Krpano tools ok on FreeBSD

• Hi all,

just to let registered here, as I didn't found any mention about it. I am using the linux krpanotools on FreeBSD without any issue. They work perfectly. Just had to unpack the windows krpano tools in the same directory. This probably has to be done on linux too, as without it the tool misses the template directory.

Cheers, Cartola.

• Hi,

I've been trying to get this running on my FreeBSD server and get the following error:

./ktransform: /lib/obsolete/linuxthreads/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./ktransform)

I'm a complete novice at this. I'm assuming this means my server does not have the necessary GLIBC_2.4, but I don't know what that is or how to get it. Any suggestions?

I uploaded the mac version files with the linux binaries to my server.

Thanks,
    brendan

• Hi bredan,

so, you have a FreeBSD or a Mac server? One thing you can try is to change the linux installed packages. In my FreeBSD I am using linux_base-f10-10_3 port and many related ports of the same linux version. The thing is, if you are using a Mac, so the way to install and versions are completly different. I suggest you can go to the corresponding mailing list of the system you are using. They can help you with more details. If you have a FreeBSD I can help you, but on a Mac I have much less experience. Once I have used the "fink" package manager to do some instalations, but maybe you better try with the same tool you have installed those linux libs that are already installed.

Anyway, here is the fink site: http://www.finkproject.org/

And here is a list of FreeBSD mailing lists:
    http://www.freebsd.org/community/mailinglists.html

Sorry, I don't know mac forums or mailing lists.

Cheers, Cartola.

• Hey all:

Thanks for the fast replies. I have a Mac at home (thus the Mac files) and a remote FreeBSD server. I am trying to run ktransform on the panos online - too many to download and run locally - so that I can make use of krpano's mobile features and display my panos on phones/tablets (currently they run on a Java applet).

I saw the thread about WINE and checked out that site - but I am a complete noob when it comes to installing packages and such on remote servers. Tech support at my host is pretty good but they charge for installation services - I was trying to avoid that and also to learn something about this whole process.

How can I check/change the Linux installed packages? I'll check out the FreeBSD and fink links as well.

Thanks,
    Brendan

• Hi Brendan,

whatever you choose to try, wine or another linux emulation version, you need the root account to install. If you don't have it on your remote server you probably won't be able to even try anything. Another thing to verify is the FreeBSD version your server runs. You can do that by using the command "uname -a". In too old versions you might not be able to use a linux emulation much newer. I am using that mentioned linux version on a FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE and it will probably run on any 8 or 9 branch, but if you are on the 7 branch we would need to check.

Cheers, Cartola.

• Hello,

I try as well to execute krpanottols on a FreeBSD server.
    It's not my own server, but my webhoster is using FreeBSD.

If I try to execute krpanotools I get the following:

$ ./krpanotools
    ELF binary type "0" not known.
    bash: ./krpanotools: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

Is this something others have solved already?

Thanks and best regards
    Christoph

• Hi,

FreeBSD is not a Linux. To be able to run linux binaries it's necessary to install the proper emulation packages. The FreeBSD project has a very good documentation, you can read about this topic here. There is a long time I don't deal with FreeBSD, so I think you better read there. If you are not the system administrator you can ask them to install linux compatibility for you.

Bests.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!