• Hi,

A note, the console of the Web Inspector is reporting:
    TypeError: 'undefined' is not a function (evaluating 'b.pause()')

thanks, interesting to know but very strange, it would mean that the html video object doesn't have a pause function...
    I have currently no idea when or why that could happen...
    do you know what Safari version you were using when it happen and is it reproduce able on that computer?

unfortunately it ignores the loop="true" and runs only once for each click.

right, the loop="true" is ignored in iPhone/iPad iOS 4.* versions (in iOS 5 or Desktop it's working) - but I will add an automatic workaround for that in the next release,

I hope that the Google Maps API deprecation does not affect you or the krpano adversely. It's a pity they stopped supporting it. Just heard about it today: http://techcrunch.com/2011/09/02/google-…-api-for-flash/

I would say that's not that big problem, regarding to the messages they will only stop developing it, but as long the access is available, the maps plugin will still work,
    but good to know - I will try adding also other map providers in the next releases,

Is this new update contains distorted hotspot with a cropped image?

not yet, but I will try to provide it with the next release,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

do you know what Safari version you were using when it happen and is it reproduce able on that computer?

the version is : Safari 5.1 (7534.50)
    and yes it is reproduce able on that computer and on another one too (same network, could it be something related to network?)...
    At home, same Safari version, it works...

SAlut.

• Hi Michel,

the version is : Safari 5.1 (7534.50)
    and yes it is reproduce able on that computer and on another one too (same network, could it be something related to network?)...

I'm using the same Safari version, but I'm not able to reproduce that and theoretical that should be not possible...

could you please try that link (in Safari with iPhone/iPad User Agent) and post or send me the content of the krpano log:
    https://krpano.com/temp/videoplayerjstest/

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi!
    i try your link https://krpano.com/temp/videoplayerjstest/
    On my descktop Safari with user client iPad, iPhone, Pod
    no video, no poster
    Flesh version is OK

this is the debug window content:

INFO: krpano JS 1.0.8.14 (build 2011-09-08 debug)
    INFO: Desktop/Win32 - iOS:4.0.2 Safari:4.0.5
    DEBUG: hotspot[videospot] video=[object HTMLElement]
    DEBUG: hotspot[videospot] video.play=undefined
    DEBUG: hotspot[videospot] video.pause=undefined
    DEBUG: hotspot[videospot] playvideo(cats-short.m4v) - parsedurl=cats-short.m4v
    DEBUG: hotspot[videospot] - set poster to poster.jpg
    DEBUG: hotspot[videospot] - pausedonstart=true - paused now
    DEBUG: hotspot[videospot] poster image loaded - use size=320x240
    DEBUG: hotspot[videospot] have_videosize - 320x240 (from poster or default)

Andrey

• Hi Klaus,

Apart of Safari version, I get the same result as Andrey...

Code
    INFO: Desktop/Win32 - iOS:4.3.3 Safari:5.0.2 
    DEBUG: hotspot[videospot] playvideo(cats-short.m4v) - parsedurl=cats-short.m4v 
    DEBUG: hotspot[videospot] - set poster to poster.jpg 
    DEBUG: hotspot[videospot] - pausedonstart=true - paused now 
    DEBUG: hotspot[videospot] poster image loaded - use size=320x240 
    DEBUG: hotspot[videospot] have_videosize - 320x240 (from poster or default)

Nevertheless, it works correctly at home with the same Safari version, also on iPad 2...

Another thing...Did you see this thread about html5controls ?

SAlut.

Edited once, last by michel (September 9, 2011 at 9:42 AM).

• Hi,

thanks for testing!

this is the problem:

correct would be:

DEBUG: hotspot[videospot] video=[object HTMLVideoElement]
    DEBUG: hotspot[videospot] video.play=function play() { [native code] }
    DEBUG: hotspot[videospot] video.pause=function pause() { [native code] }

that means the browser had build a normal "HTMLElement" instead of a "HTMLVideoElement"...
    and that means HTML5 video is not supported on that browser/system... maybe because of missing hardware or driver support or so... I don't know and fixing the missing video support by Javascript code is not possible of course,

I had not expect that this can happen in Safari, but I will add a check for that and also an "onunsupported" event to allow handling that situation manually,

edit: I have updated the example now:
    https://krpano.com/temp/videoplayerjstest/
    now there should be the error message "videoplayer plugin - HTML5 video is not supported by this browser!" in this case,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

Here the result *smile* :

Code
    INFO: Desktop/Win32 - iOS:4.3.3 Safari:5.0.2 
    WARNING: videoplayer plugin - HTML5 video is not supported by this browser!

SAlut.

• Hi,

there is an Update for the 1.0.8.14 Version available (build 2011-09-12):

Changes / Fixes - FLASH (krpano.swf)

• Added support for the "crop" usage also for distorted hotspots.
    • Added 'Android/Mobile' Check for WebOS Flashplayer.
    • FPS Plugin - new attributes - "fontsize" and "textcolor" - for customizing the FPS text.
    • Fix: The lookto actions were not moving right when using atv coordinates outside the -90 to +90 range.
    • Fix: Calling actions like "element[get(...)].action(...)" - that means actions from an array element and using get() inside the array index were not possible.
    • Fix: When loading the same file two times at the same time and break loading one file (e.g. because of removing a plugin or hotspot) then the other file never completes loading.
    • Fix: Reset the hovering status to false when changing the url for a plugin or hotspot element.
    • Fix: Google Maps Plugin failed when trying to use custom spot images.
    • Fix: Editor plugin - the name attribute of plugin elements was not closed.

Changes / Fixes - HTML5 (krpanoJS / krpanoiphone.js)

• Added supported for "backgroundalpha" in the Textfield Plugin.
    • Fix: Cube-edges fixes on iOS 5 when using a non 1:1 page scaling.
    • Fix: Added automatic workaround for the iOS 4.* bug when CSS scaling odd-sized images.
    • Fix: Hotspots width percent sizes were wrong.
    • Fix: Videoplayer Plugin - added automatic "loop" workaround for iOS 4.*.
    • Fix: Videoplayer Plugin - allow using an empty "videourl" at startup.
    • Fix: Videoplayer Plugin - added check for HTML5 video browser support (and an "onunsupported" event to handle this case).
    • Fix: The "onloaded" event was called even when the plugin/hotspot element was already removed.
    • Fix: When using "rotate" for plugin elements they rotate around the wrong anchor point.
    • Fix: In the looktohotspot() action the "fov" parameter was missing internally - that means all parameters were shifted one left.
    • Fix: The lookto actions were not moving right when using atv coordinates outside the -90 to +90 range.
    • Fix: Calling actions like "element[get(...)].action(...)" - that means actions from an array element and using get() inside the array index were not possible.

TOOLS

• Added Linux Version.
    • Fix: krpano Protect Tool - the Backup Encrypted Files Option was not working.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• There is a problem on krpanoiphone.js in this new version, it looks that "if" doesn't work anymore...
    Here is how I do to use gyro or not is available :

Code
    <plugin name="gyro" 
    		devices="iphone|ipad"
        	url="gyro.js" 
        	keep="true"
        	enabled="false"
        	camroll="true"
        	friction="0.5"
        	velastic="0.2"
    		onloaded="delayedcall(4,if(available, gyroscope, nogyroscope));"
        	/>

and then is available or not it will call actions :

With this version no text is diplayed and no icon is showed, and it works perfect with the 2011-09-01 version ???

• Hi,

There is a problem on krpanoiphone.js in this new version, it looks that "if" doesn't work anymore...

a not working if() would be very strange of course!
    can you please post the example?
    in my tests all if() actions are still working fine and I currently don't know why and where it shouldn't work...

btw - in your posted code you are using the } character instead of the ] character in two cases,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Ha ha, you're the best Klaus !!!
    it was the } instead of ]
    What is funny is that I always used this code and it was working with the previous versions ???

By the way, one more thing : showerrors="false" doesn't seem to work on android ? is there a way to hide errors for thoses devices ?

Thanx !!!

• Hi,

What is funny is that I always used this code and it was working with the previous versions ???

in the previous version the usage [ ] characters were parsed a bit different (wrong to be exact) - there the action stops at the ; characeter even when still inside the [ ] brackets - now in the new version that works right and the viewer looks for the closing ] character,

that means - the lines with the } wasn't able to be working - in any version - the following action was working in the previous version, but now the following action was still recognized as content of the [ ] brackets,

that further means - correct code will still work, wrong code may work different

By the way, one more thing : showerrors="false" doesn't seem to work on android ? is there a way to hide errors for thoses devices ?

the showerror should work everywhere, there is no special case for Android...

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

there is a new small bugfix-update for the 1.0.8.14 Version available - build 2011-09-23

Changes / Fixes

• A new control.mouseyfriction setting for controlling the sensitive of the vertical movement in the moveto control mode was added.
    • Some encrypted xml files with HTML5-compatible-encryption couldn't be loaded in the krpano Flash viewer (that was depending on the file length of the xml file) .
    • When using preload="true" and then changing the url dynamically then the following actions were working wrong in some situations.
    • The screentosphere() and spheretoscreen() actions were working wrong when they are were called before the first pano rendering.

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

there is another small update for the 1.0.8.14 version - now build 2011-09-28

Changes / Fixes - Viewer

• Fix: The loading of encrypted xml files which had originally (=unencrypted) an UTF8-BOM header failed on iOS4 systems.
    • Fix: Now show an error message when trying to load encrypted tiles but without or wrong embedded key.
    • Fix: Videoplayer Plugin (videoplayer.swf) - there was a short sound sample/artifact to heard on some video formats when using the video with "pausedonstart".
    • There is a new "align" setting with pixel offsets for the "looping()" progress animation.
    • The "flash-cs4-embed-example" example was updated to work without krpano_as3_interface.as.
    • The "followmouse" plugin example was updated to the new 1.0.8.14 plugin interface.

Changes / Fixes - Tools

• kmakemultires tool (the tool behind the MAKE PANO / MAKE VTOUR droplets)

• Using now the system temp folder by default for swap files also on Mac and Linux systems.
      • New "tempdir" setting for custom temporary folder.
      • New "tempcubename" setting for custom temporary cube name and folder.
      • More detailed error messages when creating or writing swap files failed.
      • The exit/return value is now also 1 (=means failed) when the sphere to cube conversion has failed.

best regards,
    Klaus

• Lately as new releases come out I've been deleting the old release folders, and installing only the new files. Seems like the best way to insure a clean install. However, with the latest update, I'm not finding any plugin named textfield.js

Is this simply missing from the build or .....?

Regards,

Robert

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!