Standalone Exe - Problem with resolving paths when loading panos dynamically

• If I try to convert a functioning tour into a standalone Exe with kprotect, i get a fatal error as big line in the middle of the screen, after starting the generated Exe, in my case saying:

"FATAL: scene1/scene1.xml - loading error (IO Error)".

The crazy thing is that the tour is OK, the loading has happened - only the error message stays permanently.

I have a complicated folder structure - separating common parts and tour dependant parts, with the panoramas of a tour in separate subfolders sceneX. But my problem can be stripped down to the following files:

<swfdir>/proj/Test1/test.xml (the Startup XML)
    <swfdir>/proj/Test1/scene1/scene1.xml
    <swfdir>/skin/common.xml
    <swfdir>/proj/Test1/test.html (the Startup HTML)

I'm working under Windows Vista with the latest beta (krpano.swf 1.0.8.14, build 2011-05-20) and "krpano Protect Tool.exe" from 2011-04-11. The Placeholder paths are set, with BASEDIR to "<swfdir>/proj/Test1"

The files:

<swfdir>/proj/Test1/test.xml:

Code
    <krpano version="1.0.8" onstart="new_pano(scene1);"> 
    <include url="%SWFPATH%/skin/common.xml" /> 
    </krpano>

<swfdir>/proj/Test1/scene1/scene1.xml:

Code
    <krpano version="1.0.8" onstart="showlog(true);trace('scene1 working');" > 
    <preview type="grid(cube,16,16,512);" /> 
    </krpano>

<swfdir>/skin/common.xml:

Code
    <krpano version="1.0.8" > 
    <action name="new_pano"> 
    <!-- loadpano(%HTMLPATH%/%1/%1.xml); --> 
    loadpano(%_BASEDIR%/%1/%1.xml); 
    </action> 
    </krpano>

(I couldn't enter BASEDIR correct in the forum editor)

<swfdir>/proj/Test1/test.html:

If kprotect loads and resolves Test.xml, it shows an error in red: "../Test1/%1%1.xml" not found.

I had to add "scene1/scene1.xml" to the embedded Xml files manually, because it is loaded dynamically.

Another distyturbing thing is: if i substitute BASEDIR in common.xml with HTMLPATH, the loading doesn't happen - only the error message is shown.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!