Wordpress google maps

• The two software use javascript to share commands ?

Depends upon how you want to setup your map(s) and pano(s).

If you want a googlemap within your pano screen / stage area... then the googlemap plugin is the easiest route to go.

IF you want your map to be different from the pano area... AND on the same viewable html page, then, yes, you use javascript to make the two communicate.

If you are just wanting to have a map of panos on one page... and the info bubble clicks take users to a new page (no map) then you can just use normal html linking format.

Saying that... it is easier to say than to implement... especially if you want the map and pano on the same page.... but not the map within the pano area... this is because the "normal" googlemap "engine" won't recognize the js needed to talk to krpano. BUT there are alternative solutions and they'll give you a perfectly good google map.

Sometimes deciding how you want it is the hardest part though.

Graydon

• Thanks Graydon,

IF you want your map to be different from the pano area... AND on the same viewable html page, then, yes, you use javascript to make the two communicate.

Have you done such thing ?

I've a look in GMap Api. I think it's sould be quite simple

A function like this should do the trick :

Code
    GEvent.addListener(marker, "click", function() {
        krpano().call( "moveto(" + toh +"," + tov + ")" );
      });

I'll test it when I have a little bit time.

• Here's where I played around with it some... NOTE - I have not used the flash based google map... this is with the original map embed style.

http://testsite.marlincreek.com/tests/39-map-k…o-pano-baseline

The key to it working for me was to use the geoxml parser for my kml file. The google geo parser won't let you use js.

Here's the kml line for loading the pano...

Code
    <description><![CDATA[<a onclick="load_pano1_simple()">Panorama 1</a>]]></description>

... and the javascript functions defined...

Looking at the javascript samples Klaus provides in the download will help a lot.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!