Small parent child problem

• Hi guys,

I have linked an image (plugin as child) to a hotpsot (hotspot as parent) to make it follow the spot while rotating the panorama.
    The image will only be visible when clicking the hotspot.

Works ok. But: The area of the image (child) appears clickable even when hidden. Setting the child to enabled="false" has no effect.

Any clues?

• the child takes over all the attributes of the parent. I think when you hide the plugin you should remove the parent attribute.

I think the design of the child/parent should be altered a bit. for instance, if the parent doesnt have a enabled attribute defined. then the child can set its own enabled attribute. But as soon the parent has the attribute, it overwrites all the children. I think it should be different: If the child has a property, it should aplply it to itself (overwrite the parent), else take the parents,

If I for instance make a textfield, 1000px wide, and 20 heigh, to act as a background for some buttons, and then add a textfield button, then no matter what I add as width/height or other property. I uses the property of the parent. Which for me, limits the use of the parent/child system. Strangely enough, if the paren is an image, I dont seem to have those issues.

• Hi,

when hidden

what means "when hidden" in this case?
    is "visible" of the child set to "false"?
    alpha="0.0" itself is not enough not make a element really hidden,

the enabled="false" for children elements doesn't work for the visual shape itself,
    it disables the element itself but when the visible shape will be part of the parent and still be clickable,

a hint to make children elements not clickable would be to use the "pixelhittest" setting from the 1.0.8.14 version, then only the image/shape of the parent element itself will be checked,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

the child takes over all the attributes of the parent. I think when you hide the plugin you should remove the parent attribute.

that's not totally right,
    a child element will be placed inside/under a parent element,
    the attributes itself don't change in any way,

so when a parent element will be hidden, then also all children elements are hidden automatically because they are located inside the parent,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Argh, visible, of course.
    I have used that for the same reason in another part of the code and thought I had also used it here.
    Obviously I didn't.

But I agree with Zephyr, at least from a certain point of view it could make sense to let the child on demand override the settings inherited from the parent. (But as a non coder I completely understand if that was BS from an insiders point of view, hehe).

Thanks to all for pointing me into the right direction.

• Hi,

But I agree with Zephyr, at least from a certain point of view it could make sense to let the child on demand override the settings inherited from the parent. (But as a non coder I completely understand if that was BS from an insiders point of view, hehe).

I agree too, but here I'm a bit limited by the Flash DisplayList or the HTML DOM, they work in that way.

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!