Cant see hotspots and plugins in safari5 (when testing for iphone/ipad )

• Hello

After spending hours to try to get it to work I CRY OUT FOR HELP on the forum.

I have just bought the iphone license. I installed it like descibed in the installation information.( I placed the krpanoiphone.js and krpanoiphone.licens.js in the krpanotools folder.) It says that " When using the krpano tools droplets a single Javascript file with all files embedded (the Flash embedding script, the krpanoJS Viewer and the licneses) will be created by default. ".

When I have created a simple panorama it works fine in both safari for mac (safari 5.0.5) and when I switch for Safari iOS 3.2.2 - ipad in the the developpers meny.

My problem starts when I start to add a hotspot or plugin. They work fine on the desktop, BUT THEY ARE NOT VISIBLE when I switch for Safari iOS 3.2.2- ipad.

I do not find the problem. Does it have to do with the licenses? Do I need to place the licenes somewhere even though everything should be integrated when the pano is created by the krpanotools droplet.

I would appreciate very much some help.

Thank you very much.

/ Erik

• ... and when I start adding a little code to create a scene. I get the the message:

FATAL ERROR:
    my.xml - loading or parsing failed!

THIS CODE WORKS

<krpano version="1.0.8">

<view hlookat="0" vlookat="0" fovtype="MFOV" fov="100" fovmin="90" fovmax="120" />

<plugin name="editor" url="tourdata/plugins/editor.swf" align="bottom" x="0" y="100" keep="true"/>

<plugin name="options" url="tourdata/plugins/options.swf" x="0" y="25" keep="true"/>

<preview url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/preview.jpg" />

<image>
    <left url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/pano_l.jpg" />
    <front url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/pano_f.jpg" />
    <right url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/pano_r.jpg" />
    <back url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/pano_b.jpg" />
    <up url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/pano_u.jpg" />
    <down url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/pano_d.jpg" />
    <mobile>
    <left url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/mobile_l.jpg" />
    <front url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/mobile_f.jpg" />
    <right url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/mobile_r.jpg" />
    <back url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/mobile_b.jpg" />
    <up url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/mobile_u.jpg" />
    <down url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/mobile_d.jpg" />
    </mobile>
    <tablet>
    <left url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/tablet_l.jpg" />
    <front url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/tablet_f.jpg" />
    <right url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/tablet_r.jpg" />
    <back url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/tablet_b.jpg" />
    <up url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/tablet_u.jpg" />
    <down url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/tablet_d.jpg" />
    </tablet>
    </image>

</krpano>

AND THIS DOES GIVE THE FATAL ERROR MESSAGE????

<krpano version="1.0.8"onstart="startup();">

<action name="startup">
    <!-- load the first scene -->
    loadscene(get(scene[0].name), null, MERGE);
    </action>

<view hlookat="0" vlookat="0" fovtype="MFOV" fov="100" fovmin="90" fovmax="120" />

<plugin name="editor" url="tourdata/plugins/editor.swf" align="bottom" x="0" y="100" keep="true"/>

<plugin name="options" url="tourdata/plugins/options.swf" x="0" y="25" keep="true"/>

<scene name="scene1" title="magazin">

<preview url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/preview.jpg" />

<image>
    <left url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/pano_l.jpg" />
    <front url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/pano_f.jpg" />
    <right url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/pano_r.jpg" />
    <back url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/pano_b.jpg" />
    <up url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/pano_u.jpg" />
    <down url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/pano_d.jpg" />
    <mobile>
    <left url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/mobile_l.jpg" />
    <front url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/mobile_f.jpg" />
    <right url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/mobile_r.jpg" />
    <back url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/mobile_b.jpg" />
    <up url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/mobile_u.jpg" />
    <down url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/mobile_d.jpg" />
    </mobile>
    <tablet>
    <left url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/tablet_l.jpg" />
    <front url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/tablet_f.jpg" />
    <right url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/tablet_r.jpg" />
    <back url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/tablet_b.jpg" />
    <up url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/tablet_u.jpg" />
    <down url="tourdata/magazin_med.tiles/tablet_d.jpg" />
    </tablet>
    </image>

</scene>

</krpano>

WHATS WRONG???

*cry*

• If you can view your panorama without the watermark, it is not a license error. Try viewing your XML with Firefox. It should point out errors in the code.

If you are expecting to see the editor or options plugin on an iPhone, it will NOT happen. .swf plugins will not appear on idevices. If you can't see the hotspots on the demo, be sure you copied the hotspot images to the new folder too.

• Hello!

Thanks for your help. In fact I have found a thread to check the xml and it did help me from getting the FATAL ERROR message. *smile*

But I am still having the first problem!!! *confused* The hotspots and plugins are not visible when I check the panorama in safari for iphone and ipad devices????

Any tips on that would be great!

Thanks

• If you can view your panorama without the watermark, it is not a license error. Try viewing your XML with Firefox. It should point out errors in the code.

If you are expecting to see the editor or options plugin on an iPhone, it will NOT happen. .swf plugins will not appear on idevices. If you can't see the hotspots on the demo, be sure you copied the hotspot images to the new folder too.

Thanks for the tip!

OK. I can see the pano without the watermark.

I have checked the xml. They should be ok now.

I am not expecting to see the editor nor the options plugins. I have made "normal" plugins ans hotspots with "normal" picture files. And they are invisable when I check for the iPhone/ipad. They are still there, because it is still possible to clikc on them, but I can not see them.

The same thing happened to the "demotour-kuchlerhaus" when I copied it to another map on my computer. Yes, I have copied all the files, including the images.

What to do?

*unsure*

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Lucida Grande}

• Show a link to us. If you are using scenes, make sure you have keep="true" on your plugins and hotspots. However, if you can click on them even with them invisible then that is probably not the problem.

Edited once, last by Jarredja (July 14, 2011 at 2:07 AM).

• Hi,

just as note - panoErik had sent me the link to the example:
    the problem was a caused by the parenthesis characters '(' and ')' in the hotspot image filepath/filename,
    the current krpanoJS viewer silently fails loading/displaying them - in the next release this will be fixed,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!