Automatic Map (XML plugin)

• Excellent. Thanks.

Perhaps you could update the main plugin so the same thing will work for everyone else also?

We could use the radar feature in flash as it works correctly but just show a highlighted viewpoint for HTML5 showing the current 360 view location.

Andrew

• Sorry, can I ask one more question please *cry*

Out of 25 scenes, 3 of them don't need the map showing at all as it gets in the way and I'm trying to work out how to either minimise the map when any of the three scenes load ( or make it disappear completely) BUT return when any of the remaining 22 scenes load.

Tried these already:

Code
    <scene name="scene_15" title="Interior Simulated" onstart="set (plugin[map1].visible,false ));" thumburl="panos/25.tiles/thumb.jpg" lat="" lng="" heading="">

That hides the map completely which is good but when you continue and choose one of the remaining 22 scenes the map won't appear.

Code
    <scene name="scene_15" Interior Simulated" onstart="switch(map[map1].scale,1,0.2); tween(plugin[map1].scale,get(map[map1].scale), 0.3);" thumburl="panos/25.tiles/thumb.jpg" lat="" lng="" heading="">

This works but it can't it tell if the map is maximized or minimized already so it just does the opposite. If the map is already minimised it will just make it maximised so can be quite annoying for users.

Many thanks,

Andrew

• Many many ways to do this.

If you don't know the start state, you can't use switch. Just set the scale fully or visibility or whatever.

Or set a variable to keep track of the state and use a conditional if statement to hide your switch from the wrong state.
    set(map_state,false); ifnot(map_state,switch(plugin[map].scale,1,02););

• Thanks for the reply Sacha.

Code
    set(map_state,false); ifnot(map_state,switch(plugin[map].scale,1,02););

I can't seem to get that code to work correctly. What it does do though is make the the map even bigger when that particular scene is loaded and I've tried to adjust the scale,1,02 part with numerous values but can't seem to get the map to shrink back up into the top left.

I do like the variable option though as that would make more sense to use.

• Nice one, thanks.

I decided to start the tour off with the map at 0.2 by changing the <map name="map1" ...... part and then added another button on the main nav bar below with show / hide map.

Code
    <!-- MAP OPEN & CLOSE BUTTON  -->

<layer name="skin_btn_openmap" url="vtourskin.png" crop="0|140|255|64" align="right" x="220" y="4" scale="0.6" onclick="set(plugin[map1].scale,1); set(layer[skin_btn_openmap].visible,false); set(layer[skin_closemap].visible,true" ondown="skin_buttonglow(get(name));" onup="skin_buttonglow(null);"/>

<layer name="skin_closemap" keep="true" url="vtourskin.png" crop="0|200|220|64" align="right" x="240" y="4" scale="0.6" visible="false" enabled="true" zorder="2" onclick="set(plugin[map1].scale,0.2); set(layer[skin_btn_openmap].visible,true); set(layer[skin_closemap].visible,false" ondown="skin_buttonglow(get(name));" onup="skin_buttonglow(null);"/>

Also added the code to the 3 scenes to minimise the window automatically.

Code
    onstart="set(plugin[map1].scale,0.1); set(layer[skin_btn_openmap].visible,true);

I don't find xml code very easy so thanks again for the help.

Andrew

• Hi!
    please edit your post and remove code, it very hard to read *wink*
    And contact me, i'll try to help you.
    I need your working tour online demo or ziped archive without panos, previews only.
    Send it to me i'll try to findout whats wrong.
    email: sudarchikov.andrey (a) gmail . com

Regards
    Andrey

We could use the radar feature in flash as it works correctly but just
    show a highlighted viewpoint for HTML5 showing the current 360 view
    location.

Hi Andrey,

I was curious to know if you ever got the plugin to work currently with HTML5 in that it shows the the current position on the map? I guess it's not that important to have the radar effect but a highlighted viewpoint would make all the difference.

Thanks & I look forward to hearing from you,

Andrew

• Hello!
    good news, at last, I make new version of automap, it's done.
    With radar feature for flash and html5, much easer to use.
    Multilevel automap.
    Simple code implementation.
    and highlighted viewpoints too
    I need few days to finish documentation
    Plugin update for free for customers who purchased plugin in past 6 month
    NOTE! - new plugin based on new "draggableplugin" which cost 19.9 euro (15 euro for customers who already purchased autmap)

Best regards
    Andrey

• Nice one Andrey. I imagine you've been pretty busy. I can update my last tour now with it as the client was really wanting highlighted viewpoints in HTML5 but I said 'Tough Titties' as I couldn't do it *whistling*

Regarding the download, it appears to be that you can only re download it from Shareit.com if you paid for that 'Download Protection' which costs 1/3 of the price of the plugin. Is there an option to get an update from you via email as it's only 1.1mb in filesize?

I'll promise to buy your 'Images gallery with thumbs plugin' in return *wink*

Andrew

• Hi,

Just in case anyone is reading this thread looking for a 'Map' solution for their tour I wanted to mention that the new version of Automap is excellent, especially with the ability to display a larger map png within the viewing area. Nothing worse than a fiddly little map with icons grouped too close together just so you can make it visible on an iPad or tablet.

No problem now as you can make the map as big as you want and as it's scrollable you can limit the viewing area by percentage of the screen.

I had a few bug issues but as usual Andrey fixed them super quick.

Nice one Andrey *thumbsup*

Cheers,

Andrew

• Hello,

i just purchased the automap-Plugin and it seems to be great. But i got one question: Is it possible, e.g. when i am in Scene 2 and i want to set the current viewpoint (point in the marker) marked as active? In the current discussion i read that it´s possible to set the first marker as active, but is it possible to set the current marker as active? thanks!

• Hi All,

I have purchased the new automap plugin version "draggableplugin" is excellent,
    especially with the ability to display a larger map jpg within the viewing area.
    Very easy to use a great compliment for the builder Andrey. *thumbsup*

Also a question about change something and very fast answer from Andrey Great Service. *thumbsup*

I can recomend this new automap plugin version "draggableplugin".

Thank you Andrey.

Regards
    Wilsan

• For some reason I can't get this to work - error Extra content at end of document (last line). How can I integrate vtour and auto viewpoints?

*edit One line didn't have a space where it should have had.

Code
    <scene name="scene_level1-test" title="Test" map="map1" mapx="250" mapy="376" heading="6"onstart="" thumburl="panos/level1-test.tiles/thumb.jpg" lat="" lng="" >

Edited once, last by teadrinker (May 31, 2014 at 11:47 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!