Problem with multiple (HTML5 only) tour within the same html page

• Hi all ^^
    Have a unknown bug here !!
    I'm developping my web app for iPhone and iPad and I have problems to laod more than one pano in the same html page :'(
    Here's the code so you can see:

I mind if it's due to the tour.js load for the first tour.
    This code makes my first <div> tour works great, but the 2 others (<div id="opaletour"> and <div id="votour">) doesn't load...
    Someone has an idea maybe ?
    If I get the solution I'll let you know ^^
    Thanks in advance !
    Regards.

PS: as you see I use width and height css attributes to force the size of the tours, is there a way to get it scale as we navigate under iPhone or iPad ?
    Thanks again ^^
    Bye !

• Hi ^^
    Thanks for the tip but fireing the other tour.js doesn't solve my problem *wink*
    In fact Jarredja your comment is pertinent...
    Maybe it could crash by lack of memory, and that's a big and other problem !
    For now on for web apps, all content needs to be on the same page ^^
    If you try changing to another html, it opens safari... (damn it !!).
    Can you develop sachagriffin for the using of varviewer ?
    I admit to not being a master of Javascript embeding ^^
    Thanks again !

• Hi all ^^
    I havn't solved my problem...
    I have found an idea wich may solve it but before launch I request your suggestions:
    My idea is to use php to make requests on a database with a js, in wich they'll be other requests called by Ajax Request in my existing containers (<div>)) ...
    Don't know if it's a good idea but it's the only one I had to solve the lack of memory problem and the not working thing ^^
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance !
    Regards.

• Yes, I did this 6 years ago, when I had a long page with 50 panoramas on it.
    All the pano areas were images first, so onclick I would save the html of that div and load the 360, clicking on another div would replace the first one with its original html and then load the new div with its 360 content.
    It worked great, but I scrapped all that once I understood a little more about SEO.

• Hi again ^^
    What do you mean by SEO ?!
    For me it's Search Engine Optimization but I don't understand in this case ^^
    I'm actually trying th emethod I've been talking about in my previous post but not big succes for now on :-/
    Thanks in advance ^^

Single pages with a ton of stuff on it are bad. You get one title. Individual pages with their own unique titles are good.

• Hi again ^^
    Okay I understand but that's not the question here ^^
    But for SEO I made different pages on your suggestion *wink*
    My problem now is that the virtual tour are not loading cause I call my html pages in Ajax :'(
    Here's the new example :

And my panos html page :

I googed to find a way for lodaing the tour scripts (cause they doesn't load...), and found methods by XMLHttpRequest
    but can't find a way to make it work...
    Thanks sachagriffin for patience I'm loosing hope with this mess ^^
    See ya !

• Hi again ^^
    Thnaks for replying !
    Here's the link where you can test the app !
    It's not finished at all but you could test it :
    CILCK HERE
    Be carefull it's HTML5 so you need safari developper agent active ^^
    I've searched for answers in google to get it work, seems I have to learn how to load div content
    in Javascript for each one at a time :'(
    Hope you get an idea on it ^^
    Thanks in advance !
    Best regards.

• Hi again ^^
    I know it's pretty interesting *wink*
    See the possibilities now ? ^^
    I know that loading more than one pano in a page is impossible, and that's my problem :'(
    I have only ideas on how to do it but my skills are limited :'(
    I've tried to load other html pages with ajax method, it works but doesn't load the new scripts on those new pages
    (normal in fact cause of ajax request)...
    I really can't find a simple way to solve this ^^
    NB: notice when you're on the app with an iPhone/iPad device you can add it on your desktop by adding method,
    doing that it seems to be like a real iPhone app ^^
    For your question yes it's a html5 development kit ^^
    Could you give me some real tips please if you're proficient ?!
    See ya ^^

• Well. Don't see any reason to try to load scripts via Ajax, I tried that the other day while doing a krpano security audit. It didn't work well. Put all your scripts at the main page and when you load a new page via ajx then target the new div with the krpano js code.

You will need to learn a bit more basic JavaScript but not that much at all.

What kit is that??? It's kinda cool.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!