kvmem - fatalerror - kvmem_sys_saveswapdata() failed

• Hi!

I am trying to convert a 14Gb psb file with equidistant projection panorama to the spherical panorama via "MAKE PANO (MULTIRES) droplet".
    After few hours of processing I always get this message:

I am using windows version of release candidate, it is about 44Gb free on disk and about 750Gb total on disks used for windows swap.

How can I avoid it?
    I have just 4GB RAM is that not enough to process such big file?

Thanks.

Edited once, last by wiskey (May 18, 2011 at 11:52 PM).

• Anybody?

I know there is a solution to split such big files using the zoomify plugin, but I'd like to get clear is it software or hardware issue with kmakemultires.

Does anybody tried to use kmakemultires on 14+Gb fiels? What was your hardware specification?

• Hi,

that error happens when the tool was not longer able to write temporary files...
    it writes the temp files to the default windows temp folder (%TEMP%),

e.g. enter %TEMP% in the windows explorer and check if there is enough free disk space on that drive,

best regards,
    Klaus

• thanks Klaus!

I've set all %TEMP% and %TMP% paths (I mean in system profile and in user profile) to the root of free 500Gb hdd.
    that made some progress :)

the IMG_9564-1 Panorama_190_tempcube000677_l.kro file is 15Gb.

does it mean that there is still not enough free space?

• Hi,

yes, ".kro" is right,
    in the 1.0.8.14 version the kmakemultires tools is using the .kro file format by default for the temporary cube files,
    .kro is bigger but faster then .tiff or .psb, the format itself can be changed in the .config files,

wiskey
    please enter this command in the command line:

Code
    dir %TEMP% | find /i "bytes "

and show me the result, this will show the free space on that folder

best regards,
    Klaus

• here it is:

Code
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\dima>dir %TEMP% | find /i "bytes "
                   5 Dir(s)  495 623 933 952 bytes free

C:\Users\dima>

maybe I should remove windows swap file from that disk?

• Hi,

okay, thanks!

thats are 461 GB of free space - that should be more than enough...
    even in the worst situation not more than ~318 GB should be needed...

I have currently no idea, why that could happen - sorry! but I have started a run with a similar sized pano and similar free disk space and I will look if there is something that I can find...

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi!

nope, the problem is still there. Here is the output:

I tried to check free space on disk during the process, but I got this error all the time:

Code
    C:\Users\dima>dir %TEMP% | find "bytes "
    The system cannot execute the specified program.
  • Hi,

okay in this case it's definitely the disk space - it is not enough for that image size...

I'm already planing to implement a better remapping which would need fewer memory,
    but I haven't found the time for that yet...

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

currently not, but if you have disks with enough free space, then you can try that:

1. transform the spherical image to cubical first as separate step by using the ktransform tool,
    and call that tool from command line because then it would be possible to set the folder for the temporary files (via the -tempdir parameter),
    e.g.
    call:

Code
    c:\...path-to-the-krpanotools...\ktransform cube "path-to-your-image\IMG_9564-1 Panorama_190.psb" "path-to-the-cube-files\cube.kro" -tempdir=d:\path-to-your-temp-disk-folder

2. then when this step was done, take the cube_*.kro files and move them together on the MAKE PANO (MULTIRES) droplet,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!