I want my money back.

• I just bought the Google Maps plugin just to discover that it can not be used.
    Why.

Well the images talk by them self.
    And yes I have tested both the latest update with license and the old version.

The code is just copied from the documentation. Only thing I done is disabled the Radar.
    Multitiles 512pixels 3 levels

Hans

• Hi,

this is not related to the googlemaps plugin of course,

this 'effect' comes when the fisheye effect will be used,
    then the pano image will be sub-divided into smaller parts to distort the pano,
    this relates to this 'waves', which itself can be reduced by a higher details setting,

have you copied the full xml example code from the 1.0.7 documentation from here: - ?
    https://krpano.com/plugins/google…#updatecontrols

I ask because in that example code the xml version is set to "1.0.7" and in version "1.0.7"
    the fisheye setting was set to "0.35" by default (in "1.0.8" the default setting for fisheye is "0.0"),

just remove the version="1.0.7" or replace it with version="1.0.8" and you will not have the
    fisheye effect anymore and straight lines,

about the googlemaps documentation - better use the 1.0.8.14 documentation,
    here a link to it:
    https://krpano.com/plugins/google…=10814#examples

and here a link to an up-to-date example code:
    https://krpano.com/plugins/google…=10814#examples

sorry for the confusions with old versions, but as soon as 1.0.8.14 is ready, all pages
    will be switched/updated to 1.0.8.14,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Sorry but how can the Googlemaps plugin have an effect on this.

The pano is perfect when I remove the googlemaps.

It is as a separate xml so I just remove the link to remove it.

Do you mean that the Krpanoversion from the Googlemaps.xml is able to take over the settings from the main xml?
    Thats sound even more weirtd. I try chaging it.
    Thanks

Hans

• You are right of course, how weird it may sound.

One single number changed and all is fine. HaHa
    Sorry for the confusion. But you better update that documentation ASAP. And please also put some cross links to that new license info.
    I used 2 hours trying to get it work before I found that page by chance here in the forum.

Hans

• Hi,

Sorry but how can the Googlemaps plugin have an effect on this.

the plugin itself can't cause the effect,
    it's just the fisheye setting,

Do you mean that the Krpanoversion from the Googlemaps.xml is able to take over the settings from the main xml?
    Thats sound even more weirtd. I try chaging it.

it's regardless in which xml file the krpano xml version will be set,
    finally all xml files become merged together to one large internal xml structure,

that means when the version was set again in an included xml - it will overwrite the xml version from the 'outer' xml file,

the xml version checking/handling is done for backward compatibility to handle changes of default settings,
    e.g. in 1.0.7 the default fisheye setting was 0.35 - now you could update an old 1.0.7 pano to version 1.0.8
    by replacing the krpano.swf and by keeping the xml as it is - and when the xml version was set correctly to 1.0.7
    in this case - then the pano will still look/have the same view like previously designed/wanted,

I would recommend setting the xml version only once in the start/root xml file,
    and not setting it any included xml file again to avoid such problems,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!