XML Image Gallery (Next - Previous button for thumbnail strip) issue with iPhone/iPad?

• Hi,

I am going to use "XML Image Gallery" plugin for my Photo Gallery which is for iPhone/iPad.
    It's working fine except one issue which is describe below.

When i have more number of images than thumbnail strip is cut from left and right side and there is no way to slide my thumbnail strip left or right.
    How can i make my thumbnail stripe with next - previous button when there is more number of images for iPhone/iPad?

thanks

--
    Pratiks

• Hi,

Thanks for your help.
    but need to modify "XML Image Gallery" plugin with next-previous buttons, rather than to buy "Scrolling Thumbnails Plugin".

Anybody has an idea how to add "next-previous" buttons in "XML Image Gallery" plugin?

thanks

--
    Pratiks

• I strongly recommend you to not put to many images in the image gallery.
    The iPad has very little memory available and you have to remember that all the images are loaded together with the panorama.
    You can easy have place for at least 8 thumbs on the long side and that is actually to much. I have one with 6 and it sometimes crashes.

There is a reason why the cubefaces are limited to 1024x1024 and the panos crash if you make them larger.
    Lets say you have 8 images in size 500x500 pixels .
    Thats the same as 2 cubefaces extra or 33% more memory usage.

Hans

• what hans states makes alot of sense. cannot have a huge image gallery on mobile devices. the way mobile devices are headed it does not make sense to spend time creating a plugin that only works on PC's. another way to maybe code the image gallery would be to make smaller scaled down images to use as the thumbnails so more could be loaded. then ondown of each thumbnail make an action to create the viewable image on the fly, then when that image is clicked removeplugin totally. that way not all images have to be preloaded just the smaller thumbs and when the image is done being used it is removed from teh stage freeing up ram.

• Well, what about changing the url of the plugin.. does it release the memory of the last image?
    So if we are concerned about memory on i devices.. I think indeed it might be a good idea, not to put all your resources in their own dummy plugins, but use one plugin cycling through the resources which get dumped into safaris cache.
    Or am I missing something?

• Hi All,

thanks for you replies.

i will consider the suggestions from you that for iDevices it is not advisable to have more images.
    now i will think to display photo gallery outside the KRPano as a external separate page for photo gallery rather than in KRPano itself.

thanks

--
    Pratiks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!