MAKE VTOUR (MULTIRES) droplet. NOT WORKING. With more than 10 panos.

• Hello everybody,
    I have a problem with the MAKE VTOUR (MULTIRES) droplet. I can use it very well with one, two or maybe up to five panos, size 7000x3500 and around 15 mb each.

The problem is that i don't know how to make a tour with more than 10 panos, the dropplet just don't work, i think is my computer memory, i really don't know.

I would like to know if it is possible to use the dropplet for 5 panos first, and then another 5 more, and then put all together in one tour. The thinkg is that the SWF file that the dropplet generates, the HTML, and the thumbs, are different for each sepparate accion with the dropplet, so:

HOW can i make one big tour of arround 10 or more panos using this dropplet?

Hope anyone understand me.
    Best wishes,
    Nico

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Lucida Grande}

• I believe you are experiencing a windows naming limitation. It only allows a certain number of characters. You can add the scenes together all on one XML. Be sure to move the images to the same folder as the rest. Use only one HTML file and the XML that corresponds to it.

OR

Try using the command line to input your images and I think it will process them all. Another quick fix to try, move all the images to something like c:panos/. The shorter the filepath name, I believe the more it will process. I have processed at least 12 at once so it is not exactly a quantity issue and I use a netbook with 1gb memory so it is not a memory issue either.

The command line should be the ultimate solution.
    Good luck

• Jarredja,
    I try using the same XML and it work. I just make them separately.
    After i have the diferent tours i put all the scenes together in one xml, and use the same swf file, and the same html file.
    Thats it....
    Now working.
    Thank you very much!
    Nico

• what OS are you using? when i was using Vista I remember something like that happening. now with 7 i can drop 20 - 150mb tiff images at 7000x3500 all day long. you could do 5 at a time then copy and paste the 5 from the second xml back into the third.

• I use a Mac,
    And just right now i was trying that... making them by groups and copying the xml files all in one. And put the tiles in the same folder. Just have to name them diferent.
    For now is working fine like that. Is a little bit more work. But is the only way i have found.
    Thank you very much for your help.
    Nico

• Hi,

Jarredja has already explained it right - this is windows limition of the length of the calling command,
    it doesn't have anything to do with the installed memory,

e.g. when there these 3 images:

Code
    c:\images\pano1.jpg
    c:\images\pano2.jpg
    c:\images\pano3.jpg

and when they got dropped together on the MAKE VTOUR droplet,
    and the tools are loclated in this folder:

Code
    c:\tools\

then the final internal command will be:

Code
    c:\tools\kmakemultires -config=templates\vtour-normal.config c:\images\pano1.jpg c:\images\pano2.jpg c:\images\pano3.jpg

this is the path to kmakemultires tool + the paths to all files,
    and the length of this command is limited in windows (I don't know the exact length),

that means - when you have a deep folder structure and long file names, then you could reach this limit further,

so a workaround would be using short file paths/names,
    or to call the tools from command line directly with placeholders - e.g. "*.jpg",
    e.g. call:

Code
    c:\tools\kmakemultires -config=templates\vtour-normal.config c:\images\*.jpg

best regards,
    Klaus

• Well he has a Mac

ohh, sorry, I haven't seen that,
    right, on Mac there is also on limit, but it should be much higher,

e.g. here:
    http://www.in-ulm.de/~mascheck/various/argmax/
    a quote from there:

MacOS X 10.6.2 (xnu 1486.2.11) 262144 + ARG_MAX(/NCARGS) in <sys/syslimits.h>

there the limit is listed with 262144 characaters,
    but on the other side when searching the web, there are also sometimes reports where the limits was reported as 65535...

I'm working already on a native gui tool where you can drop the files to process,
    then there will be no limit like this anymore, but this will still take some time...

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!