• Hi

I purchased the plugin yesterday and spent some time adapting it to an existing virtual tour. A few things have got me stuck though so would apopreciate any help please.

nefar1ous asked in an earler post if the script also generates the actual thumbnails but I don't quite understand the answer of the <action name="autothumbsadd"> and how to implement it into an xml file.

I use cube faces for everything but the demo is set up for scenes and CUBESTRIPs. Are there any examples online that show how to use cube faces?

I have 80 X 360 degree images to show on the scroller and currently each image has it's own xml file with something like...

Many thanks,

Andrew

• autothumbsadd the way it is written will not work without scenes. to use it though just put autothumbsadd(); before buildthumbs();

if you continue to use the manual thumbs just set the onclick to load what ever xml you need.

<thumb name="tn1" url="image1.jpg" onclick="loadpano(newpano.xml,null,MERGE,BLEND(2))" onhover="" onover="" onout="" ondown="" onup="" />

P.S. - My apology for my snippy post in this thread seems to have been lost with the server crash yesteday. Without retyping the entire thing this sums it up. I stand behind Mindlessboss plugins, he does great work and has excellent after support I just had a bad day at the keyboard and it was reflected in my post.

• Thanks VN2011,

Yes I saw your post yesterday explaining what looked to be sheer frustration. We've all been there many times *wink* . My previous version of this same post was deleted also so I added it again an hour or so ago.

I must have done somewthing wrong with the autothumbsadd as I already tried removing the demo thumbnails from the folder, putting autothumbsadd(); before buildthumbs(); up at the top of the page but got confused as nothing was generated so headed here.

I see what you mean about the manual thumbs though loading individual xml files. I guess I could use scenes but not sure how to adjust the code from cubestrips to cube as there are currently no online examples showing it.

Thanks,

Andrew

• It may be a long shot but is anyone here using the ecard plugin with the OrangeScrollThumbs plugin?

Previous to adding the OrangeScrollThumbs the ecard function was working fine with <include url="ecard/index.xml"/> but after trying all sorts of combinations I can't link up to ecard.swf or ecard_btn1.png. Very strange.

In answer to my previous post about using cube faces I worked out

• Hello!

VN2011 - we know you are a good man *thumbup*

andrew22222

If you want to use autothumbsadd action then you need to use scenes (as in thumbsexample.xml )
    There are no IMAGE becouse it's just demo.
    You did it right (like in last post)
    note - if you using autothumbsadd, remove all <thumb> from <thumbnails>
    about ecard
    I can look at your xml, just send it to me or share link.

Best regards!
    Andrey *thumbup*

• Hi again

Here is two updated sxapmles:

thumbsexample_autothumbsadd.xml (autothumbsadd action example updated)

thumbsexample_autothumbsadd_visited_curr.xml (autothumbsadd action example with auto scene onstart thumb_visited and current add)

Hope it help

Andrey *thumbup*

• Ahhhhh.... the penny finally drops *wacko*

I took it that an actual thumbnail would be created (as in the image) from the scene but of course that's not what you mean. autothumbsadd just means that you don't have to add this for all the scenes.

Code
    <thumb name="tn1" url="liv_thumb.jpg" onclick="gotoscene(liv);" onhover="showtext(Livingroom);" />
    	<thumb name="tn2" url="kit_thumb.jpg" onclick="gotoscene(kit);" onhover="showtext(Kitchen);" />
    	<thumb name="tn3" url="cor_thumb.jpg" onclick="gotoscene(cor);" onhover="showtext(Corridor);" />	
    	<thumb name="tn4" url="bed_thumb.jpg" onclick="gotoscene(bed);" onhover="showtext(Bedroom);" />
    	<thumb name="tn5" url="bath_thumb.jpg" onclick="gotoscene(bath);" onhover="showtext(Bathroom);" />
    	<thumb name="tn6" url="fasad_thumb.jpg" onclick="gotoscene(fasad);" onhover="showtext(Streetview);" />

I thought it was a little clever that it created the image thumbnails as well. The ecard plugin can grab a screen shot so I was guessing it worked along the same lines and created a thumbnail. Silly me *blink*

Looks like I'll get down to creating 80 thumbnails in Photoshop although there's some automation to that process.

Regarding the path to the ecard plugin I ended up duplicating the whole ecard folder and adding it to this tour, then used <include url="../ecard/index.xml"/>

Unfortunately I still couldn't get the ecard_btn1.png to stay when the scenes changed so added KEEPPLUGINS

Code
    <action name="gotoscene"><!-- usage gotoscene(scenename,ath,atv,fov); -->
    	loadscene(%1, null, KEEPPLUGINS, BLEND(2.0));
    	if( %2 != 'null', set(view.hlookat,%2);,);
    	if( %3 != 'null', set(view.vlookat,%3);,);
    	if( %4 != 'null', set(view.fov,%4);,);
    </action>

I did really want to have just one ecard folder on my website and all the separate tours link to it but none of my include url's would work when it was a full http address so I gave up as I was swearing too much.

Thanks for the updated example. Very much appreciated.

Andrew

• how to make the thumbs bigger only for mobile devices only. I do not want to change the thumb sizes for Flash they are ok but using the same settings as flash the thumbs are just a tad to small. would it be possible to use ALT for thumb_width, height and frame _width, height so we can adjust the thumb sizes separately?

• Hallo
    vielleicht kann mir auch jemand auf deutsch helfen, vielleicht ist das Problem auch schon gelöst aber halt auf englisch.
    2 Fragen im Muster bewegen sich die kleinen Bilder wenn ich mit der Maus darüber fahre. Bei mir nicht, ist das bei dem Download normal ??
    Das andere die Panos sind ja alle mit den preview gemacht jetzt möchte gerne große Panos nehmen und nicht die preview-bilder.
    Wie und wo muß ich die einfügen?

• Hi!

I thought it was a little clever that it created the image thumbnails as well. The ecard plugin can grab a screen shot so I was guessing it worked along the same lines and created a thumbnail. Silly me

Atomatic thumbs creation! - download
    I'm using this. I think it's very usefull!

place this code in tour xml:
    <plugin name="snapshot" url="z_snapshot.swf" keep="true" zorder="10000" />

copy this files to tour folder:
    z_saveSnapshotFoto.php
    z_saveSnapshotThumb.php
    z_snapshot.swf
    z_start_snapshot.bat

edit this row in z_start_snapshot.bat: (just set QuickPHP.exe path)
    start E:/snap_shot_webserver/QuickPHP.exe /Port=333 /Root="%CD%" /DefaultDoc=viewtour.html /Start /StartBrowser

start z_start_snapshot.bat - virtual server will start.
    After that you will see black and white rectangle in lefttop corner of tour window.

You can create big snapshot by clicking white rectangle and small by black.
    big save in images folder, small save in thumbs folder (dont forget to creat them)

note: - if you do it right, then you will see new tab after click black/white rectangle

That's all, enjoy!
    Andrey! *thumbsup* *thumbup*

• how to make the thumbs bigger only for mobile devices only. I do not want to change the thumb sizes for Flash they are ok but using the same settings as flash the thumbs are just a tad to small. would it be possible to use ALT for thumb_width, height and frame _width, height so we can adjust the thumb sizes separately?

Hi! Yes you can use inculde with device attribute or one more way
    use isiphone variable
    for example:
    <action name="buildthumbs">
    if(isflash,
    set(thumbnails[thumbs1].width,450);
    set(thumbnails[thumbs1].thumb_width,90);
    set(thumbnails[thumbs1].thumb_height,60);

);
    if(isiphone,
    set(thumbnails[thumbs1].width,1450);
    set(thumbnails[thumbs1].thumb_width,150);
    set(thumbnails[thumbs1].thumb_height,120);
    );
    thumbnails_build(thumbs1);
    </action>

Andrey *rolleyes*

• Hallo
    vielleicht kann mir auch jemand auf deutsch helfen, vielleicht ist das Problem auch schon gelöst aber halt auf englisch.
    2 Fragen im Muster bewegen sich die kleinen Bilder wenn ich mit der Maus darüber fahre. Bei mir nicht, ist das bei dem Download normal ??
    Das andere die Panos sind ja alle mit den preview gemacht jetzt möchte gerne große Panos nehmen und nicht die preview-bilder.
    Wie und wo muß ich die einfügen?

Hi!
    If i understand right, take a look here http://webpokaz.ru/media/store/kr…isited_curr.xml
    you will see image commented.
    This is the image using example (panorama cube faces).

Hope this help!
    Andrey *thumbup*

• BTW
    You can use action for automatic configure thumburl (if your thumbs files name be thumb1.jpg, thumb2.jpg ..... )
    Then you no need to add thumburl attribute to each scene

action code:

if(cursceneindex === null, set(cursceneindex,0); );

txtadd(thumbnails[%1].thumb[get(cursceneindex)].name,tn,get(cursceneindex));
    txtadd(thumbnails[%1].thumb[get(cursceneindex)].url,"thumb",get(cursceneindex),".jpg");
    set(scenename, get(scene[get(cursceneindex)].name) );
    txtadd(thumbnails[%1].thumb[get(cursceneindex)].onclick,'gotoscene(',get(scenename),');');
    set(scenetitle, get(scene[get(cursceneindex)].title) );
    txtadd(thumbnails[%1].thumb[get(cursceneindex)].onhover,'showtext(',get(scenetitle),');');
    add(cursceneindex,1);
    if(cursceneindex LT scene.count, autothumbsadd(%1); );

Andrey *thumbup*

Atomatic thumbs creation! - download I'm using this. I think it's very usefull! Thanks Andrey

Thanks Andrey, I'll look into that

While on the same subject, if Photoshop isn't around then the free Irfanview does an excellent job of making thumbnails. There's a feature called 'irfanview thumbnails' where you can browse and select the image icons in a folder and convert them to a particular size.

Thanks also for the scrolling plugin at a good price. The updated examples will probably solve a lot of problems for the 'not so bright xml users' like myself that rely on examples to get anything done *whistling*

Andrew

• Thanks Andrey, I'll look into that

While on the same subject, if Photoshop isn't around then the free Irfanview does an excellent job of making thumbnails. There's a feature called 'irfanview thumbnails' where you can browse and select the image icons in a folder and convert them to a particular size.

Thanks also for the scrolling plugin at a good price. The updated examples will probably solve a lot of problems for the 'not so bright xml users' like myself that rely on examples to get anything done *whistling*

Andrew

Irfanview alsoo has the batch option, where you can create thumbnails of entire folders with 1 click :) (not just resize, but alsoo desaturate, crop, and alot of other need stuff).

• Hello!

Here is example of ScrollThumbs plugin usage. Scenes separate by group (levels). It can be used for House levels. Or for Image gallery.

DEMO
    XML
    And you need to replace thumbnails_current function (need for cingle current thumb, now each thumbnails group has own current thumb)

Andrey *thumbup*

PS - you can add more then one thumbnails in one xml. In this example you can see image gallery based on ScrollThumbs (click on camera hotspot)

• Update! *thumbsup*
    Now vertical thumbs available!
    DEMO
    I'll update plugin page soon.
    Additional attribute vertical (true/false) vertical="true" makes thumbnails vertical.
    It can be changed dinamicaly. Just set thumbnails[name].vertical and rebuild thumbs.

Hope you like it! *thumbup*
    Andrey

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!