Suddenly getting wavy lines and ripples

• I have shot the first couple of test panoramas with my new Sigma fisheye. The pics are good and everything is sharp in PT Gui. I even previewed in PT Gui at full size and everything is perfect: all lines straight and perfect.

But as soon as I drop the exported jpeg in KRPano (whether as a single image, or as tiles) I can't get any of the lines straight. All the edges have waves and ripples and it looks really terrible.

Is there something I need to adjust in KR ? Why am I seeing these wavy edges ? I haven't had this problem before *cry*

• Thanks Dorin, but no luck....

I've tried everything ! Old versions, new outputs etc. Again I go back to PT Gui and every version I look at is perfect.

Here's an example of what happens in KR:

http://www.multimediaaction.com/test/ripples.jpg

Edit: I've also examined the individual tiles output by the multires tool and they too look perfect. The problem must (?) be somewhere in the display code...

thanks

• Hi,

which krpano/tools version do you use?
    and what pano type? spherical or cubical?
    a link would be also helpful

there can be a few reasons for such waves:

1. a spherical pano with too low details settings,
    have a look for every details setting in every xml, it can be also set for a <level> node,

2. a cubical pano without Flash10 (krpano 1.0.7 or lower) and low details setting

3. a cubical pano with Flash10 low details setting and enabled fisheye effect,

Flash needs to split the image into many small parts for correct 3D displaying,
    the more parts the more accurate, this is controlled with the details setting,

only with Flash10 (krpano 1.0.8) and cubical panos, this splitting is not needed,
    then the image should be perfect,

try downloading here to latest tool version:
    https://krpano.com/download/beta/

and convert the pano first to a cubical with the SPHERE to CUBE droplet,
    and then drop the converted 6 sides onto the kmakemultires droplet,
    then there shouldn't be any waves/ripples anymore

best regards,
    Klaus

• I become a error: Inputerror: not all cube sides found:
    left= error nocht found
    front-error not found
    right= museum_r.jpg (ok)
    back = error
    up = error
    down = error

Die Bilder habe ich aber alle in diesem Ordner, habe ich auch per drag & drop auf make multires Pano gezogen.

Was mache ich falsch?

Gruß

• Die Bilder habe ich aber alle in diesem Ordner, habe ich auch per drag & drop auf make multires Pano gezogen.

Was mache ich falsch?

Hi,

die (Würfel-) Bilder müssten dann direkt auf "kmakemultires" (nicht auf "MAKE MULTIRES PANO") gezogen werden,

in der aktuellen beta 8, übergibt das "MAKE MULTIRES PANO droplet" in der Windows Version nur die erste Datei weiter an das "kmakemultires" Tool weiter, weshalb diese Fehlermeldung kommt,

das Droplet angepasst kann aber angepasst werden, damit es auch funktioniert,
    das geht relativ einfach, hier ein Thread dazu:
    Windows 7 - batch droplets: nur ein Parameter wird angenommen (Cubesides auf "make-multires-pano")

weiters gäbe es in der Windows Version der Tools noch das "SPHERE to CUBE MULTIRES droplet" welches beides bereits kombiniert,

Schöne Grüße,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!