full screen on ipad

• You can not do real fullscreen like in flash.
    However the same fullscreen code that is used for flash works fine for expanding a panorama to fill the full page from a smaller display.
    Like I do it at panoramas.dk.
    The correct code for this is onclick="set(fullscreen,true);" and onclick="set(fullscreen,false);"
    with this event
    <events
    onenterfullscreen="set(plugin[openfs].visible,false); set(plugin[closefs].visible,true);"
    onexitfullscreen ="set(plugin[openfs].visible,true); set(plugin[closefs].visible,false);"

/>

Thats what you have in your default skin you have in the tools.

Unfortunately this means you can not do it from an iFrame like you can with flash.

You can do that to real fullscreen by using for example the iCab browser which supports fullscreen or you can in Safari save the page to the desktop as Add to Homescreen.
    If your page has the HTML5 code doctype <!DOCTYPE html> instead of the standard long WC3 doctype you will open the page as fullscreen without the menus in Safari.

The standard HTML from the KRPano tools already have that.

If you want an offline browser that supports fullscreen get Goodreader.

Hans

• This might help you

http://developer.apple.com/library/safari…s/MetaTags.html

what Hans suggested is one way of doign but it only possible when someone bookmark it as offline and you have to use cache.menifest so that even the ipad/iphone offline it can show pano with offline content.

the only problem is that u dont have control over this as once your visitor makes it offline then only it's available full screen.

to my best knowledge. i might be wrong wait for experts to comment.

Regards
    Mak

• You do not need to see it offline to ad the Home Screen Button. As soon as you make this button it will open as fullscreen in Safari also from the web.

I just whish that you could do this from the other browsers also.
    Especially from Goodreader. I guess that Apple has made some restrictions for this because of the easy way to make apps by doing this.

The manifest files seems not to be supported by KRPano, I tried but failed to get it work. Th VR5 viewer works fine but he does not have an XML file. All is in the html file.

Anyhow I think Goodreader is a much better solution for offline work.

Hans

• It does seem to work now also with a standard doctype like this.
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

Not sure why my earlier tests did not work. They all have the view port tag.
    '
    The reason I want to use the standard doc type is that you can use iFrames with % in height.
    This is impossible with the HTML5 doctype. It works on desktop Safari HTML5 but not on iPad.

The only way to get it work on all platforms is to put the iframe in a table. Set the table to 80% height and the iframe to 100%.
    And use the old Doctype. And no height in CSS. Just good old standard html heights.

Its funny that you need to go back in time to get such a simple thing working on the iPad.

Hans

• Hi again,

I played around with full screen for flash and iPad.

i found an easy old school solution. Might be the same as Hans I think.

This is the code in the xml
    "

Code
    <plugin name="fs"
              url="logos/fs.png"
              align="topleft"
              x="0"
              y="140"
              alpha="0.5"
             onclick="switch(fullscreen);" 
             keep="true"
              />

"

In the html

This works on the computer and on the iPad (and if you have tiny fingers also in the iPhone *smile* )

Cheers,
    =servaas=

• hi, i'm trying to use this method with panopress. So i insert shortcode panopress into a tablet:

"<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
    <tr>
    <td height="80%">
    [pano file="http://www.photospherical.it/VT/2012/Chalet_Arturo/arturo.html"]
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    "

but isn't work. some suggestion? does somebody test this method with panopress?
    in my head html file have i insert old doctype?

• Guys is another option. I had the idea to make for a simple link for versions of html5 by type "fullframe.html, _blank" on the button FullScreen. When clicked just going go to the page with a panorama on the full screen. In the iframe in theory will work too. And add the button for Back (or do not have and it will automatically work in a browser?)
    What do you say to this?

*whistling* *question*

Panoreal — to make and see this wonderful world! *whistling*

• Guys is another option. I had the idea to make for a simple link for versions of html5 by type "fullframe.html, _blank" on the button FullScreen. When clicked just going go to the page with a panorama on the full screen. In the iframe in theory will work too. And add the button for Back (or do not have and it will automatically work in a browser?)
    What do you say to this?

*whistling* *question*

is the same solution of sachagriffin:
    https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/inde…42550#post42550

in this post?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!