• Marco:

Nice tour. Did you end up masking the windows in your post processing? Also, how long would you say it took you to put it all together?

Nicely done.
    Moman

• Hi,

-no masking for the windows... just Lr-Enfuse plugin in Lightroom, Then exported from Lightroom and imported the hdr result in PTGui: it took just a bit to patch the nadir, always in PTGui. I did it in 3-4 days but worked on the interface for at least 2-3 weeks before the shooting.

By the way, In this case the plugin worked great but there are cases where the plugin simply doesn't work, like large even areas of the same color: i.e. the sky or a wall with just a little or no furniture. In those cases I get a large dark spot inside the even area. I tried tweaking the parameters of the plugin with no success.
    Anyone, any suggestion?

-It might be the interface... the panoramas are pretty standard: Nikon D80 + 10.5mm.

Marco

• Hi,

What im talking about is not from the interface. Check this code and you will see:

<display fps="60"
    details="16"
    tessmode="-1"
    movequality="LOW"
    stillquality="HIGH"
    flash10="on"
    movequality10="HIGH"
    stillquality10="HIGH"
    stilltime="0.25"
    showpolys="false"
    />

I had one tour with same problem and i played around with those settings and ended up with:

<display fps="30"
    details="32"
    tessmode="3"
    movequality="low"
    stillquality="HIGHSHARP"
    flash10="off"
    movequality10="low"
    stillquality10="HIGHSHARP"
    stilltime="1"
    />

And these settings made the pano work more smooth for my tour.

Here is the documentation for it https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#display

Regards,
    Jesse

• ... also, I'd prefer flash10 for interiors, so to keep straight lines straight...

By the way I'll check tweaking the parameters but I think the VT is slow due to the graphic: I mean all the PNGs and JPEGs loaded at the same time. Infact removing the graphic completely the tour is way too responsive and quick to load.

• Hi Marco,

Some remarks about your interface *wink* .
    I am on a size screen of 1024x768 and on this size, your navigation buttons appears inside your US flag and the text functions area...
    When open the thumbs bar, the close is out of the screen...
    In my opinion, the transparency (alpha setting) of your backgrounds is excessive, making difficult the readability...

SAlut.

• Hi Michel,

I thought about the issue with small LCDs but I also thought that due to the new 16:9 format even LCDs with a short side of 768px has more than 1200px on the long side; so I decided to wait and see how many are still on 1024px LCDs.
    However it might be a problem for overlapping buttons on the control bar, even with wide screens.
    I'm working with a 17" 1920x1200px LCD and sometime I feel like it is not enough resolution... *smile*

What do you mean about excessive transparency? Buttons, thumbs, ...?

Thanks for your feedback. *smile*

Marco

• Hi Marco,

What do you mean about excessive transparency? Buttons, thumbs, ...?

The info,the thumbs and the banner... They appears merged with the background, so it is difficult to see the info... In my opinion when you pops up some info it should be relevant visualy, do you not thing so *smile* ?
    Perhaps it is just my impression *wink* ...

SAlut.

• I have to agree. The buttons are to small. And the info hard to read. I actually missed the link to the thumbnails the first 3 times i checked the page. It was not until I looked at it with 1024x768 resolution I discovered the button in the left side.
    In my opinion people often clutters the tours with a lot of buttons which are not needed.

You should start with the thumbnails open so that people discover how it works.
    And I just discovered that the info is different from pano to pano. If you want to show the name of the room do that with an automatic popup that fades out.

Nice panos and nice rooms. Just 130euro per night. I think I need a tour to Rome.

Hans

• I have to agree. The buttons are to small. And the info hard to read. I actually missed the link to the thumbnails the first 3 times i checked the page. It was not until I looked at it with 1024x768 resolution I discovered the button in the left side.
    In my opinion people often clutters the tours with a lot of buttons which are not needed.

Yes, may be 18px is a bit small for buttons...

You should start with the thumbnails open so that people discover how it works.
    And I just discovered that the info is different from pano to pano. If you want to show the name of the room do that with an automatic popup that fades out.

Perhaps, there's a problem here: rooms with a Name share the same info, and this is not a problem, but some rooms have a info for each language: it should be easy to code an Automatic popup for the info of the starting language but don't know for each language. I have to try.

Nice panos and nice rooms. Just 130euro per night. I think I need a tour to Rome.

Hans

Thanks, *smile*
    Marco

• I like a lot the image quality of your panos, it really gives the scene a great realism. My only observation is that respect to the controls, the slide control seems to me a little bit ackward, it has too much friction and it's speed is very slow, which gives me the impression of having to fight (a little *wink* ) to move the pano, as if it where too heavy. A little less friction would be nice and a greater speed also would help. Anyway I love this image quality, ¿Could you share whith the comunity which equipment did you use to take the photos (camera, lens, if HDR or not) ? Thank you!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!