• Hi Klaus,

Would it be hard to allow the viewer also to load normal rectilinear images (which I call "still images" as opposed to "panorama images"), in which one could pan around and zoom in and out (through scripting in my case)? I always need to present mixed collections of both still images and panorama images, and it would be wonderful if I could use the same viewer for them. I'm still checking out your Krpano viewer (it's very impressive!! :thumbup: ), but it doesn't look like it can be done already.

I would like to present the still images like in this example, which a friend sent to me. There are quite some issues with this sample: it's very low res and low quality, it zooms out too much so that black borders are visible, and there is a thick red line in the middle (at least on my computer), but it gives a good idea of what I would like to achieve. Still images suddenly look so alive in this way.

Thanks very much for considering this request.

- Ronny D'Hoore

Edited once, last by rdhoore108 (November 5, 2008 at 10:44 PM).

• Hi,

technical it wouldn't be hard,
    only the "controlling/navigation" would be a little bit tricky

the normal pano controlling and all navigation based on a spherical coordniates,
    the (little) problem is - how to mix this with flat images by keeping all the normal pano possibilities (lookto's, hotspots, ...)
    it's not difficult but it needs some time,

I can't say when, but a later version will also support flat images!

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

It would be great if krpano could display rectilinear "stills". It could take any aspect ratio image and either fill the entire stage or fit into the stage. In the case of fit, specifying the background color would be nice. Also it would be nice to simply display the image's actual size. If the actual image size were large, one could implement a scripted movement like the sample Ronny gave. This is known as the Burns Effect. It might be especially compelling with Flash 10's graphics card capabilities.

Specify everything via XML so one could implement still shots right along with panoramic shots in the same virtual tour.

Many of the Flash-based slideshows I've seen do a poor job of rendering an image when they need to resize it to fit the stage. The images look badly aliased. But from the great display quality you've been able to do with panoramic images, I bet you could do equally well displaying stills...especially if you could implement the highsharp feature. :D

Dave

• wonder if this could be done with a projection type of "flat"... and then specifying in xml the horizontal / vertical field of views of the image (until automatic detection is determined).

Of course, I'm just rambling off the top of my head. :P

I wouldn't see a problem in continuing to use spherical coordinates.

I remember that this was possible in spi-v... but that's for shockwave... so, no clue if techniques could be leveraged.

• Hi Klaus,

Would it be hard to allow the viewer also to load normal rectilinear images (which I call "still images" as opposed to "panorama images"), in which one could pan around and zoom in and out (through scripting in my case)? I always need to present mixed collections of both still images and panorama images, and it would be wonderful if I could use the same viewer for them. I'm still checking out your Krpano viewer (it's very impressive!! :thumbup: ), but it doesn't look like it can be done already.

I would like to present the still images like in this example, which a friend sent to me. There are quite some issues with this sample: it's very low res and low quality, it zooms out too much so that black borders are visible, and there is a thick red line in the middle (at least on my computer), but it gives a good idea of what I would like to achieve. Still images suddenly look so alive in this way.

Thanks very much for considering this request.

Is not this very much like the Seadragon based Deep Zoom technology of Microsoft ?
    http://livelabs.com/blog/seadragon/silverlight-2-deep-zoom/

Kim

• Klaus.krpano wrote on Thursday, November 6th 2008, 6:09pm:

I can't say when, but a later version will also support flat images!

Dearest Klaus, just so that you know, even now, one year later, I'm still hoping against hope to one day be able to also display flat / still / rectilinear images (call them as you wish) from within krpano *w00t*

108 is my lucky number, but strangely enough, even though there have been many betas of 1.0.8 already, none of them support flat images yet. But maybe it's not too late yet? *whistling*

Thanks *wink*

- Ronny D'Hoore

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!