Alternative swf load for Androïd ?

• Hi,

I've uploaded a Tour on my web server with the main xml embbeded in the swf file, and only one xml specially for the i-phone :

http://www.humanfoto.fr/C/tour.html

I've tried from a samsung mobile which using Androïd and it loaded the swf file (long time) while i-phone load the xml. Normal. But does Androïd load the normal tiles or the "mobile" tiles ?
    If it's supporting the multirésolution, is there a way to lead the Android's requests on the xml, or on a lighter version of the swf file embbeded.? Or write an "altloaded" for Androïd in the main xml, for each hotspots or plugin ? To shorten the time's loading.

Thanks. *smile*

• this in the html can help point certain devices to certain files.

• Hi,

I've uploaded a Tour on my web server with the main xml embbeded in the swf file, and only one xml specially for the i-phone :

http://www.humanfoto.fr/C/tour.html

I've tried from a samsung mobile which using Androïd and it loaded the swf file (long time) while i-phone load the xml. Normal. But does Androïd load the normal tiles or the "mobile" tiles ?
    If it's supporting the multirésolution, is there a way to lead the Android's requests on the xml, or on a lighter version of the swf file embbeded.? Or write an "altloaded" for Androïd in the main xml, for each hotspots or plugin ? To shorten the time's loading.

Thanks. *smile*

I tried it on my Desire Z and it loads very fast, loading time was only 5 sec on my WIFI 20 megabit. You may have a slow connection.

But if you want Android to see it you have to skip this weird controller.
    Android needs to have large simple zoom buttons as there is no finger zoom in flash.
    You also need a good Fullscreen button as that is essential to enjoy it on a smartphone

Check this one I have at panoramas.dk and you can zoom all the way in, it is a 4092x4092 cubeface pano.
    http://www.panoramas.dk/2010/carl-bloch.html

You can do much larger, I haver a5 gigapixel that works fine on my Android but it needs you to make the design for it.

However to be able to do this you need to skip the Tablet and mobile images and instead use 512x512 multitiling so that iPad and iPhone can use the max 1024x1024 tiles.
    As Default you are using the tablet images 1024x1024 on Android.
    Read about that in the documentation.

You can of course also do it with different XML as shown by VN2011

I also checked it on iPad but it has a parsing error.
    For the html5 you have to be very careful and check your html. The slightest error which passes flash will not do it on HTML5.

You have this error.
    error on line 257 at column 56: EntityRef: expecting ';'

Thats in your Google map.

There may be more. Safari will only show you the first error when you load the XML.

Hans

• this in the html can help point certain devices to certain files.

I was almost sure it was via the html. Since html is the "front door" for any request. But no idea where it was or the syntax.

Thanks one more time VN. *smile*

But if you want Android to see it you have to skip this weird controller.

You're right. I didn't expect to to test via Androïd and that it would load the swf file. I was concentrate on the i-phone. I realised immediately the controller was inneficient. That's why i asked, among others, for an alternative.

Android needs to have large simple zoom buttons as there is no finger zoom in flash.

Thanks i didn't know that. *smile*

You have this error.
    error on line 257 at column 56: EntityRef: expecting '; Thats in your Google map.'

My code (seems to be ok!!):

Could you help me ? I put safari on my PC. I understood the web inspector, but i can't find where your read those kind of errors as you also did here :
    can't load my pano from iphone!

Thanks Hans. *smile* (nice shot in your link by the way)

Steph

Edited 2 times, last by esys (February 27, 2011 at 2:38 PM).

• Could you help me ? I put safari on my PC. I understood the web inspector, but i can't find where your read those kind of errors as you also did here :
    can't load my pano from iphone!

You have to load the xml file directly in Safari to get the error report.

If it says something like above with error on aline something you can open the web inspector and choose the xml to find the exact line.

Hans

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!