• Hi,

I try to show a pano within Joomla cms and Jumi component.

I get a black screen instead of the pano.

Any idea how to solve this problem?
    Thanks

André

Edited once, last by Araneo (March 20, 2009 at 6:58 AM).

• check your url path / structure.

Thanks a lot. It works fine.
    I pasted the entire URL, I'm not sure that it was the best way to do it....

It rises two other issues:
    1- In some cases picto were not found. I removed lines "onhover : set url .." and "onout : set url..." and now it works fine.
    2- It does not work every time with IE (memory ?)

It's never ended.

Edited once, last by Araneo (March 20, 2009 at 7:12 AM).

• Hi

I also use jumi and joomla 1.5.8 to use the pkpano player.
    But I had the same problem as described above and solved it by typing in absolute paths to my pkpano.swf and to the xml file.
    which is really silly, that i have to do this.

Is there any way to make joomla understand relative paths ?

the funny thing is:
    i had it with relative paths. and i only got the black box without movie. BUT: if i copy/paste the source of the resulting webpage and save it as a html file, then reload that it works fine. So same html code, but opened as html file works, loaded as joomla dynamic page doesn't work.

any insight highly appreciated

b.

• the issues with the relative paths is odd... I'm using jumi on lake-houston.com and marlincreek.com as well as testsite.marlincreek.com

I've used the jumi argument to pass the xml path through to the php code...as well as hardcoding the paths in the php... all without using the full / absolute url.

I double checked some of my embeds... and they all are referenced off the public_html folder... "images/panos/folder/file.xml" ...

the complete structure would look like

root
    - public_html
    - - images
    - - - panos
    - - - - folder
    - - - - - file.xml

The only odd thing I can think of would be to check your jumi plugin... there's an option for setting the defualt absolute jumi path... but that should only affect how the embedded php file is located... and not any arguments that are passed... or stuff that is hardcoded in the php.

Added thought...
    I went back and double checked where I've used the jumi component and then referenced the component id in the jumi plugin in the article... and the same url structure worked when passed as an argument in the jumi plugin. However, in the one case where I hard coded the path because I'm linking to the component directly from a menu (and not able to pass any arguments) it looks like I had to restructure the url based upon the menu structure i.e. had to use "../path/to/file.xml" in order to reference up one level and then back down.

• Hi,

Thanks for your help.

The only odd thing I can think of would be to check your jumi plugin... there's an option for setting the defualt absolute jumi path... but that should only affect how the embedded php file is located... and not any arguments that are passed... or stuff that is hardcoded in the php.

As I checked the source code of your pages, it seems to me that you did'nt use the same code as those proposed by Klaus in documentation section (below). Maybe it is an explanation.

• I'm using swfobject 2.1 on the main sites (lake-houston.com and marlincreek.com)

reference - http://www.krpano.com/docu/html/#swfobject

My code looks a bit different from that since I've structured it to make it easier for me to read and understand.

On the testsite there's some swfobject 1.5 embedding... and the url format is the same.

I remember having some difficulty with setting the url's when I first started... but it was resolved once I understood the differences between stuff like...

/path/to/file (start in existing folder level)
    ./path/to/file (start in existing folder level)
    ../path/to/file (move "up" one folder level)
    ../../path/to/file (move "up" two folder levels)
    etc...

combine that with the understanding that all content pages are generated like they are located in the same folder as the index.php file.... which is generally located in the "public_html" folder... and I eventually got it to work.

I'm really baffled as to what would be causing you and others issues like this.

Only other new thought is... when you were trying to get this to work and making changes... and then saving it... and then reloading the page... you should clear the cache... sometimes just clicking reload didn't force it to pick up the new information.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!