• Hello

Please take a look at this panorama - - give it a few seconds for the auto rotate to begin - Notice the small moire looking stuff going on in the center of the pano as it rotaes

http://www.360icon.com/Moire/index.html

Is there a way to correct this?

I messed around with the display settings but no luck - maybe is this the nature of flash panos? was not there in my old qtvr movies.

Heres my display settings...

<display
    fps="60"
    details="20"
    tessmode="0"
    flash10="on"
    movequality10="HIGH"
    stillquality10="BEST"
    />

*smile* thanks for your time and ssuggestions!!

All Else Passes, Art Alone Endures.

• Moire is caused when there isn't enough Antialising. You can try and solve this by setting the mode to Flash 9 (flahs10 = off) and set movequality to High. It's slightly less then. But it will be slogisch. Areas with high detail and altering colors always tend to show moire while moving. Not much can be done without severely limiting user experience.

• Flash 9 - would that be taking a step backwards?

If they dont have flash 10 - they wont be able to see the other sections of the new site done in as3

*question*

• Yes, you can have flash 10 and see the flash 9 panorama. Maybe flash10, is a confusing setting. It means that krpano will use 3d render techniques, that came with flash 10 to display the panorama. Im not sure what happens if you have a specific flash10 plugin (with 3d space for instance or touch event listeners) and load that in krpano with flash10=' off' . But I reckon it loads fine. I think that flash10="on/off" only determines if krpano should use the 3d render techniques (and other stuff) or not, and that krpano is always a flash10 file.

Can you confirm this Klaus?
    is flash10="off" a kind of switch for polymorphism Class to load a flash9/flash10 version of krpano. Or is it a switch to use 3d techniques? If it's the first, I reckon there would be problems if flash9 krpano loads a flash10 plugin

• Hi,

Is there a way to correct this?

not really...
    like already suggested using the krpano Flash9 renderer could help maybe a bit, because in this case the Flashplayer is doing a kind of automatic mipmapping, that means is used automatically down-sampled version of the source image in areas where the pano is down-scaled,

I messed around with the display settings but no luck - maybe is this the nature of flash panos? was not there in my old qtvr movies.

really? I don't think that in the QTVR viewer has done any oversampling or mipmapping...
    have you tried viewing the same pano with the same sized images in the same sized browser window with the same fov? it should look almost the the same as with Flash10?

Can you confirm this Klaus?
    is flash10="off" a kind of switch for polymorphism Class to load a flash9/flash10 version of krpano. Or is it a switch to use 3d techniques? If it's the first, I reckon there would be problems if flash9 krpano loads a flash10 plugin

okay, here the internals:

• the krpano.swf has a Flash10 compiled, but Flash9 compatible core, that means the core can be loaded and run on Flashplayer 9 and Flashplayer 10,
    • then there are 2 renderer engines included inside the krpano.swf - a Flash9 compatible one, and a Flash10 compatible one, when running the krpano.swf inside the Flashplayer9 then the Flash9 renderer is loaded, and when running on a Flashplayer10 then the Flash10 renderer is loaded, but this has still nothing to do with the "display.flash10" setting,
    • the Flash10 renderer has the same functionality as the Flash9 renderer and additionally also functions for using the new Flash10 possibilities, like rendering 3D distorted images, and with the "display.flash10" setting it is possible to chose if that new functions should be used to render the pano or if the old Flash9 functions should be used,
    • that means on a Flashplayer9 the "display.flash10" setting is function-less, because there is no Flash10 engine anyway,

about flash10 plugins - when a plugin is using some Flashplayer10 specific functions it will not run/work on a Flashplayer 9 of course, krpano doesn't and can't control anything here,

so finally - the display.flash10 setting has nothing to do with the used Flashplayer, it can used/set without any Flashplayer version problems, it's just a switch use choose two different ways to render the pano,

more details here:
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#display.flash10

best regards,
    Klaus

• 360icon

The main reason why your pano shows moire is the extreme perspective you use which means that you are not showing it in 1 to 1 resolution. Moire comes to 90% from using to much sharpening and using a display size that does not match the actual resolution.
    When you look at you pano on a small screen it will be much larger than for example on my 27" with 2560x1440 resolution.
    QTVR or any other viewer is just as much sensible to this even if you use the highest motion quality you will have it in parts which are sensible , especially bricks or vertical lines.

Hans

Edited once, last by HansNyb (February 15, 2011 at 2:28 PM).

• Thanks for the replies!!

Klaus you were right

The old qtvr movies did not auto rotate - it does have it in both formats once it begins the rotation - but with the power of KRpano I have some options for the display quality!! *smile*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!