Videoplayer - 2 Q : Black stripes and loading side-effect

• Hi, *smile*

2 questions about the videoplayer.
    In my pano (made in 3D, no photos), I use it to display video transitions between scenes. These transitions are recorded travellings between the locations.

Problem #1 : the videoplayer adds 2 black stripes, on the top and bottom of my FLV, reducing the ratio width/height and making my videos looking crushed.

Here's a screenshot (real size), this sample has a 640*320px resolution.

(Sorry, I had to mask the content of the video).

You can see the 2 black stripes I'd like to remove...

Here's my code :

Code
    <plugin name="videoplayer" url="%SWFPATH%/plugins/videoplayer.swf" keep="true" preload="true"/>

The final videos will be displayed in fullscreen (1024*768), but they're actually crushed and don't look good.

I checked the sizes of the video before and after being encoded in FLV, they're correct. The problem seems definitly to be due to these 2 black stripes.

Problem #2 : I use these videos as transitions between scenes.
    I first tried this order :
    scene 1-> click to go to scene 2 -> load scene 2 -> display video and remove it at its end
    The matter was that during half a second, the scene 2 was visible before the video (of the travelling from scene 1 to scene 2) was displayed.

So I tried this order, which satisfies me more :
    scene 1 -> click to go to scene 2 -> launch video -> delayedcall (load scene 2)
    I use the delayedcall() to avoid the same problem than before.
    The result is good, except one little problem : when the delayedcall() loads the scene 2, the video freezes during a piece of second. The freeze is light but noticeable...
    Would you see a solution to avoid this freeze ?

Precision : my pano won't be online, only a local usage. So I don't care about size and weight of medias.
    I was thinking that it might be possible to preload EVERYTHING in a Flash buffer or something like that, but I don't really know if it's possible and how it works...

Thanks for reading ! *wink*

• Hi,

sorry, I have no idea, why there should be black strips added,
    my only idea would that the scaling is not correct...
    are the strips also when playing the video as <plugin> instead os <hotspot>?

btw - there will be soon a new videoplayer plugin with full documentation (with the krpano version 1.0.8.14),
    and there were a lot of fixes regarding video, maybe your problem would be fixed too, but without
    seeing the problem I can't say much more of course,

maybe try already the version from here:
    https://krpano.com/download/beta/

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

thanks for your answer. I found the origin of the black stripes, it was my own fault. *thumbdown*

The encoded FLVs have the correct size, but the black stripes have been added by this #&@!* sh@&#*%$t of Adobe Media Encoder. After digging a bit in the deeeeeeeeeeep settings, I got my videos encoded without stripes.

Sorry for this waste of time... *unsure*

Any ideas about the loading of the videos ?
    I'll try the new versions as soon as possible. *wink*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!