Editor not working + more options needed in the options plugin

• I have updated the editor and options plugins with the last versions from the 1/3/2011 bugfix.

I also have the last KRpano.swf, etc versions.
    The options works but the editor reports wrong KRpano version.

I would also like to ask why is it not a simple coordinates option in the options plugin for setting hotspots?
    You can use the coordinates at the top but that needs you to do some sort of center line using for example a couple of external rulers like the Free Ruler for Mac.

It would be enough to just have an option for a centre cross in the options.

Hans

• I meant that it would be a good idea for Klaus to add it in to the plugin folder. I am sure it was not intentional to exclude it from the plugins folder. It was originally a quick fix for a specific request. I agree it should even have it's own page link in the online plugin section.

Here is a quick tip that was passed on to me. If you see it disappear into the background you can add

blendmode="difference" to make it more visible.

As for it not being fair, if I see someone make a request that I know there is a solution for, I always share it here. There are several people on this site that do return knowledge to the forum when they are able to to so.

I imagine with such a product that has as many features as krpano it is difficult to keep up with documentation and support. We always get responses back from the developer and he is constantly developing new features.

Jarred

• I just downloaded the new krpano.swf, options.swf, swfkrpano.swf, and krpanoiphone.js. I dropped them into a tools folder, which replaced the older files and I am able to get the editor working with no error.

I dropped a pano on a bat file to generate a .swf with the license embedded just to keep consistancy and then added the editor and options plugin.

It states it is <krpano version="1.0.8.14">

• Sorry, didn't notice the 2-9 release. I used 1-3-11 for all. I get the error now.

Why don't you use an older version of swf for production and then publish online with the newest version (provided you don't add the editor) until Klaus puts out a replacement editor to match this version or a matched combo?

I don't know if you use one .swf with all of your tours referencing it or if you include it with each upload but you could use the older version locally unless the new one specifically fixes a problem you want to work with in the editor.

Jarred

Edited once, last by Jarredja (February 11, 2011 at 5:28 PM).

• I am just pointing out that this needs updating. Just discovered it by chance when I searched for something that could display coordinates.
    Someone else did the same recently which cause the last update.
    I have no use for it currently. Do not know what to use it for actually, but I assume others use it.

From the page it says NOTE - it's important that the version of krpano and the version of the editor plugin are the same!
    To me that means that it is important that it is updated together with KRpano.swf.

I have no idea why this should be important, it does not look as it has any special functions that should need to be updated.
    It does not make sense that every change needs this to be updated.

Hans

• Hi,

I also have the last KRpano.swf, etc versions.
    The options works but the editor reports wrong KRpano version.

the editor and options plugins must be always from the same version and build as the krpano.swf,
    when using beta/pre-release please understand that there not always all files can be provided because they can be still in development, but in a final version all files will be there of course,

I meant that it would be a good idea for Klaus to add it in to the plugin folder. I am sure it was not intentional to exclude it from the plugins folder. It was originally a quick fix for a specific request. I agree it should even have it's own page link in the online plugin section.

that cursorposition plugin was from a time, where the mouse.x, mouse.y variables and the screen2sphere action weren't available, but now with them it's possible to add something like the cursorpositon plugin just with xml code,

e.g. add that code and call the "showcursorposition()" action once, e.g. in the onstart event:

Code
    <textstyle name="showcursorposition" origin="lefttop" edge="lefttop" xoffset="10" yoffset="10" />
    <action name="showcursorposition">
      screentosphere(mouse.x,mouse.y,msath,msatv);
      roundval(msath,2);
      roundval(msatv,2);
      txtadd(text,'x=',get(mouse.x),'[br]y=',get(mouse.y),'[br]ath=',get(msath),'[br]atv=',get(msatv));
      showtext(get(text),showcursorposition);
      delayedcall(0.01, showcursorposition());
    </action>

but I agree that the options or editor plugin should have such functionality and I will try to add such there,
    (btw - I just want to note that - with the editor plugin it is possible to move hotspots by the mouse, so you could also move the hotspot and get the ath/atv coordinates from the xml),

best regards,
    Klaus

• but I agree that the options or editor plugin should have such functionality and I will try to add such there,
    (btw - I just want to note that - with the editor plugin it is possible to move hotspots by the mouse, so you could also move the hotspot and get the ath/atv coordinates from the xml),

but I agree that the options or editor plugin should have such functionality and I will try to add such there,

OK that was what I wanted to look after in the editor. But now I can not use it with the current upadate.

No problem the cursorposition.swf works fine except for one thing. It is not compatible with the options.swf.
    If you ad the cursorposition.swf the options plugin does not show up.

Hans

• Hi,

OK that was what I wanted to look after in the editor. But now I can not use it with the current upadate.

in this case simply use the current krpano.swf from version 1.0.8.12 when using the editor plugin,

No problem the cursorposition.swf works fine except for one thing. It is not compatible with the options.swf.

how did you include the both plugins? (same names maybe?)
    normally they should not interfere in any way...

best regards,
    Klaus

• No problem the cursorposition.swf works fine except for one thing. It is not compatible with the options.swf.

i use all 3 all the time. it should work.

<!-- <plugin name="options" url="plugins/options.swf" keep="true" zorder="10" />
    <plugin name="editor" url="plugins/editor.swf" keep="true" zorder="10"/>
    <plugin name="cursor" url="plugins/cursorposition.swf" keep="true" zorder="10" /> -->

• Hello developers! I successfully used editor plugin for add polygonal hotspot and move it, but features scale, rotate xy, rotate z,distorted is not available or I'm not coorrect use this feature. Can anybody explain me does this feature work or not yet.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!