1.0.8.14 pre-release / release-candidate

• Hi,

there were a lot questions/requests about the xml handling for several devices,
    so I have added the possibility to use the "devices" attribute for every xml tag (also the <include> tag),

the xml parser works now like this:

• when a xml tag has a "devices" attribute, it will check that, and if the device doesn't fit, it will skip the whole xml tag and all sub tags of it,
    • so it's possible to define the same xml tag two times (or more) for two different devices,
    • with it it's possible to make a <include> only for a certain device,
    • to comparison - in the old version always all xml tags were parsed and later when building the real plugin/hotspot display elements the devices setting of them was checked

and with a small trick (by defining a sub <krpano> tag) it's possible to use only one xml file with completely different contents for each device,
    e.g.

Code
    <krpano>
      <krpano devices="flash" onstart="showlog(); trace(Flash);">
      </krpano>
      <krpano devices="html5" onstart="showlog(); trace(HTML5);">
       </krpano>
     </krpano>

get the pre-release here for testing:
    https://krpano.com/download/beta/

best regards,
    Klaus

• interesting. this will open up some new doors. the only thing I realyl wish we could do is use the include tags dynamically. se we could add new xmls only when needed. with that PHP would not be so neccesary for very large tours. cant wait to test.

• Sorry but the devices settings does not work.
    '
    Both the keepview and the problem with the tiles are OK but something is wrong with the devices.

I updated panoramas.dk this morning with it but tonight someone told me that he could not zoom I discovered that my zoom buttons was gone also on anothe r page the fullscreen button did not show up as I had 2 sets of them for different devices.

'I had to change panoramas.dk back to 1 set for all devices.

This was the code I had before that does not work with the update.

<plugin zorder="1" name="in" scale="0.7" devices="desktop|iphone|ipad" keep="true" align="bottomright" x="15" y="15" visible="true" alpha="0.8" url="../skin/plus1.png" ondown="set(fov_moveforce,-1);" onup="set(fov_moveforce,0);" />
    <plugin zorder="1" name="out" scale="0.7" devices="desktop|iphone|ipad" keep="true" align="bottomright" x="15" y="65" visible="true" alpha="0.8" url="../skin/minus1.png" ondown="set(fov_moveforce,+1);" onup="set(fov_moveforce,0);" />

<plugin zorder="1" name="in-a" keep="true" devices="android" align="bottomright" x="10" y="15" visible="true" alpha="0.8" url="../skin/plus1.png" ondown="set(control.fovspeed, 3); set(fov_moveforce,-1);" onup="set(fov_moveforce,0);" />
    <plugin zorder="1" name="out-a" keep="true" devices="android" align="bottomright" x="10" y="70" visible="true" alpha="0.8" url="../skin/minus1.png" ondown="set(control.fovspeed,3);set(fov_moveforce,+1);" onup="set(fov_moveforce,0);" />

Hans

• Hi Klaus,

There is some problem with the new HTML5 version.

When i try to use my "load" action with parameter, the parameter is not working :(

Code
    load(pano1);

and in the load action:

txtadd(loadpano_name, %1,'.xml');
    loadpano(get(loadpano_name),null,KEEPBASE,BLEND(2));

I have this errormessage:

"%1.xml - loading or parsing failed!"

There was no problem with it before.

Thx

• Hi,

I just found something again :(

The encryption is also not working with the html5, everything is working fine when the files are not encrypted, but after the encryption the "xml parsing failed" error is coming.

Is there any solution for this?

Regrets.

• Hi,

I have this errormessage:

"%1.xml - loading or parsing failed!"

right, I can confirm,
    in the latest beta release from 2011-02-09 there is a bug with the actions parameters, they get not resolved,
    that will be fixed in the next release,

The encryption is also not working with the html5, everything is working fine when the files are not encrypted, but after the encryption the "xml parsing failed" error is coming.

the krpano file encryption is limited to Flash at the moment,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks Klaus :)

I would recommend people to create device specific includes.

<krpano>
    <include url="android.xml" devices="android" />
    <include url="iphone.xml" devices="iphone" />
    </krpano>

and use this as first xml to load.

this way, you dont have to alter all your old code, thinking if it should be android or iphone or creating a big messy xml with plugins double defined. You dont even have to put devices tag on other xml attributes, just use the includes :)

• Well that may explain it.

I have been strugling for 3 hours with converting Jooks New Years panos which has 9 panos.
    It looks like just deleting all actions and also all scenes except one makes it work.

But I do not understand what the specific action is that causes it.
    This one works perfect with several actions and 2 panos.
    http://www.panoramas.dk/2010/srebrenica-15years.html

I use exactly the same ones for Jooks panos

When do we get an update?

Hans

• Hi,

Well that may explain it.

I have been strugling for 3 hours with converting Jooks New Years panos which has 9 panos.
    It looks like just deleting all actions and also all scenes except one makes it work.

that bug affects only the action parameters (%1,%2,...) inside an action,

When do we get an update?

I hope I can release the next pre-release next week,

best regards,
    Klaus

• I am sorry Klaus but this version is not working at all for devices.
    devices="desktop" does not work at all. Also I get no response for android.

I have tried to setup different navigation for Android and tried plugin 1 as desktop and plugin 2 as iPad.
    That means that the desktop shows nothing and iPad works correct.

With Plugin 1 as flash and 2 as iPad they work correct. Also HTML5 works correct.

If I try 1 as desktop and 2 as iPad|android the desktop shows nothing the android shows the desktop version and the iPad shows the iPad version.
    It makes the devices completely unusable as what we need is special versions for mobiles.

I tried setting No2 as ipad|mobile but then nothing showed up on the android.

Hans

• Hi Hans,

which version do you use?

the Flash viewer from the build 2011-02-01 has a bug with desktop and android,
    but this bug was fixed in the build from 2011-02-09, but there, there is a bug with % parameters
    inside the actions in the krpano JS viewer,

see here:
    https://krpano.com/download/beta/

best regards,
    Klaus

Yes I discovered that I replaced the latest with the one from 2011-02-01
    I can see why now as the last version does not work at all on iPad with the thumbs.
    They just do not open.
    Why did you not say that the %1 thing was affecting that?

When do we get an update.

Hans

• Hi,

there is a new pre-release of the 1.0.8.14 version available:

https://krpano.com/download/beta/#2011-04-04

there are a lot of small and big fixes and news,
    please see the beta page for details,

this is a Release Candidate version and should be the last pre-release,
    I'm now working on finishing the updated documentations and examples and doing the last tests,
    and when that is successfully done the new full packages will be released,

best regards,
    Klaus

• GREAT! Thanks Klaus. i'll dive into it *wink*

i know that you are working on the updated documentaiton for this - but could you give me a hint how to use custom spot images in the new googlemaps plugin?

that would be great!

Thanks again *thumbsup*

christian

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!