1.0.8.14 pre-release / release-candidate

• Hi,

i know that you are working on the updated documentaiton for this - but could you give me a hint how to use custom spot images in the new googlemaps plugin?

here the current 1.0.8.14 google maps documentation: (still in work)
    https://krpano.com/plugins/googlemaps/?version=10814#top

see also this page:
    https://krpano.com/plugins/googlemaps/update/#top

as quick tip:
    either just add - url="image.png" - to the <spot> element,
    or better define a <spotstyle> element and add - style="spotstylename" - to the <spot> element,

best regards,
    Klaus

• hi klaus,

thanks for this quick reply. i've tried the new gmaps plugin - but i think i miss something.

I've made 3 differents (test)spots - but none of them is showing up in the map *confused* what am i missing?

edit: what is the correct element for inserting the spotstyle? "style" or "spotstyle"? i've tried both without success

christian

Edited 2 times, last by pano_ramic (April 5, 2011 at 2:25 PM).

• Hi,

the <spot> and <spotstyle> elements must be inside the <plugin> tag,
    they are 'sub-elements',

e.g.

Code
    <plugin ...>
       INSIDE the plugin tag - okay - put the <spot> and <spotstyles> here ...
    </plugin>

not:

Code
    <plugin ...
       />

OUTSIDE the plugin tag - not okay

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

there is a release candidate of the 1.0.8.14 krpano tools:
    https://krpano.com/download/beta/#2011-04-11

• now with psb write, bigtiff and kro image format support, all of these formats can be used for very large panos where the normal tiff or jpeg formats were limited,
    • the convert droplets can now be configured by an external .config file (convertdroplets.config)
    • and there is a new "krpano Update Tool" for updating krpano swf and js files

best regards,
    Klaus

• Is there a droplet for creating 360 video? I have my 360 video .flv file prepared. Or is there a .xml file I must modify such as in 1.0.9 beta.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

A

• Hi,

Is there a droplet for creating 360 video? I have my 360 video .flv file prepared. Or is there a .xml file I must modify such as in 1.0.9 beta.

there is no (and will not be) a video droplet - a video will not be get processed,
    you can use the video file as it is, just include it in the xml,
    e.g. you can use the xml example code from the 1.0.9 alpha 0 example,

best regards,
    Klaus

• I have just downloaded the 2 new releases.

As both the tools and the viewer releases contain Krpano.swf , swfkrpano.js and krpanoiphone.js I assumed that they are identical.

However I discovered that the dates are different on them.

There is also a plugin folder in both which does not contain exactly the same contents.
    This is all quite confusing.

As far as I can see the only additional in the KRpano download is the ipad simulator folder

Why not make just one download.

Hans

• Hi,

As both the tools and the viewer releases contain Krpano.swf , swfkrpano.js and krpanoiphone.js I assumed that they are identical.

I have an automatic build system, so every-time when I build an new version, the files will be rebuild (from source) and then also the dates get updated,

Why not make just one download.

this are pre-releases for testing,
    but when finally released there will be normal viewer and tools download packages (with all files from the same date) again,

best regards,
    Klaus

• this are pre-releases for testing,
    but when finally released there will be normal viewer and tools download packages (with all files from the same date) again,

As you do not sell them separately anymore, why 2 different downloads.
    Its very confusing for people and ads a lot of work to make sure that everything is the last version.

Hans

• Hi,

As you do not sell them separately anymore, why 2 different downloads.
    Its very confusing for people and ads a lot of work to make sure that everything is the last version.

the split into viewer and tools is done because the viewer itself is system independent and the tools are not,

but I'm have already ideas for making only a single krpano download package (per system), but therefore the tools must be simpler and easier to use first,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

If 1.0.8.14 is the release candidate, shouldn't that appear on the main download page?

no, it's not the final version, it's only a candidate for releasing,

Also, i don't see any linux version of tools for 1.0.8.14. Are they under construction or did you forget to upload?

the linux versions of 1.0.8.14 tools will come with the final release,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

there is a new release candidate for the 1.0.8.14 viewer:
    https://krpano.com/download/beta/#2011-05-11

the main work in this release was regarding the new plugin interfaces for Flash and Javascript plugins,
    the interfaces are now very similar and just should make the developing of plugins easier and allow more possibilities,

the detailed documentation about the new plugin interfaces (just as quick note - the current plugin interfaces keep also working of course) will follow with the final release (hopefully soon),

the most visible news in this release should be the new combobox plugin for HTML5 iPhone/iPad - it can be very useful on the small iPhone screen and additionally it looks very great on iPhone and iPad,

check out also the html5style setting of the combobox plugin - it allows setting html css styles like font, color, background-color/shade to the combobox for more individual styling,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Great , I love the comboboxes on iPad.

How come that the 256mb Ram is a larger problem on iPods than on iPad.
    Have not heard about that before.

I would assume that it would have been opposite as screen resolution is smaller on iPod.

Hans

• Hi,

How come that the 256mb Ram is a larger problem on iPods than on iPad.
    Have not heard about that before.

I would assume that it would have been opposite as screen resolution is smaller on iPod.

good point!
    I would be interested too why this is so but only Apple could answer that!

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

there is again a new release candidate for 1.0.8.14 available:
    https://krpano.com/download/beta/#2011-05-20

the combobox plugin from the last release has unfortunately caused big rendering problems and crashes on iPhone / iPad because of Safari bugs - so to get this solved I have written a new combobox plugin, where I now 'fake' the native iPad combobox,

that means the new combobox plugin should look and feel almost like the native iPad combobox and what is very important - not cause any crashes or rendering problems,

and there are also some other nice advantages by this approach - the same iPad-style comobox can be also used on the iPhone, and more customizing is possible - the font styles and sizes can already be changes (see the plugin docs), and I'm working also on allowing the using own custom images for the combobox,

here an example: (for iPhone,iPad or Desktop Safari only)
    https://krpano.com/examples/icombobox/

here a tour example:
    https://krpano.com/examples/icombobox/?xml=tour.xml

and here a link to the current plugin documentation:
    https://krpano.com/plugins/combob…attributeshtml5

other news in this release:
    additional some issues were fixed (iPhone hotspot scaling, soundinterface.js looping, ...) and new basic functions for looping and mathematical actions were added,

I hope that this will be the last release candidate so that I can finish the whole version (features, documentation, examples, templates, ...) and provide a full package to download,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

Safari shows a 404 for your combobox_source.js

right, sorry, I have uploaded an old xml, that is fixed now,

but better browse the examples with the default user agent,
    then you will be redirected to the iPhone /iPad simulator where you see how it will look on iPhone or iPad,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!