Google Analytics Plugin

• My plugin supports both automatic and manual modes. Manual mode allows you to send tracking requests when it's needed, while the automatic mode sends page visit requests to tracker automatically, when user visits different panoramas. It is also supports user events tracking which is not related to a particular pano visits, such as buttons click, entering fullscreen mode etc. Moreover, my plugin have no problems with kprotect tool, while another analytics plugin has that problems, when you embedding resources in your virtual tour.
    Review the plugin documentation for the detailed explanation of the features.

Edited once, last by jaydee (February 3, 2011 at 8:09 AM).

• hi jaydee,

just found your analytics plugin in the plugin section.

i'm working with seperated xmls (each pano has its own xml - no scenes). if i understand your documentation correctly i just have to embed the plugin and set it to auto|xml and it will do the rest for me - unlike in the free analytics plugin where each click (eg. to another pano) has to be specified in the panos xml.

i've got one feature request - i would love to track the users "way" through a virtual tour. today we can only see how often one pano was visited but not the "user history" through the tour. that would be great - if technical possible.

regards
    christian

• Hi Christian!

Yes, in your case you just need to embed plugin in your main xml file, set plugin mode to auto|xml mode and add as many pano subnodes to the plugin as needed (see the examples). You can also track other events if neeeded.

Thanks for the feature request, I'm looking into this feature now.
    If it is technically possible, it will be definitely implemented.

Regards,
    Alexandr

• Hi Alexandr,

i bought your plugin yesterday night *wink*

right now i'm trying to get the automatic xml tracking to work - but i don't get it. i've uploaded the examples (xml tracking) to my webspace and the work like a charme - no problem, great, works.

then i tried to put a "start.xml" (only with the ga in it) "in front" of my first pano.xml. made a pano subnote in start.xml but the tracker doesnt seem to work.

my start.xml looks like this

the first pano.xml (001_aussicht_schlossberg.xml) looks like this:

i thought that should be enough but maybe i missunderstood something about the automatic xml mode.

it only works if i use the the "trackevent" call at the hotspot:

e.g.

Code
    onclick="loadpano(039_d01_aiola.xml,null,MERGE,BLEND(1));
    			 		  lookat(35.44,0,90);
    				 	  plugin[map].activatespot(_039_d01_aiola);
    					  plugin[map].pantospot(_039_d01_aiola);
    					  plugin[ga].trackevent(Buttons, Go to pano, Pano1, 1); activatepano(039_d01_aiola.xml);"

or

Code
    onclick="loadpano(039_d01_aiola.xml,null,MERGE,BLEND(1));
    			 		  lookat(35.44,0,90);
    				 	  plugin[map].activatespot(_039_d01_aiola);
    					  plugin[map].pantospot(_039_d01_aiola);
    					  plugin[ga].trackpageview(/039_d01_aiola); activatepano(039_d01_aiola.xml);"

why istn't it working automatic? i thought naming the different panos in a subnote should be enough for tracking the pano vist?

any help would be great - thanks

regards
    christian

Edited once, last by pano_ramic (February 14, 2011 at 10:51 AM).

• Hi Christian!

I have reproduced your code, and have no problems with the automatic mode of the plugin. You can download my code through this link.
    (Don't forget to replace included version of the plugin with the purchased and protect purchased version with the krpotect tool).
    Maybe you have some misprints in your code?
    Please, check you code for correct:
    - GA account value
    - XML URLs of the pano subnodes (in your code you have xmlurl="/039_d01_aiola.xml", do you mean xmlurl="039_d01_aiola.xml"?)

Contact me for further assistance by email, if needed.

• Update to plugin have been released. The major changes include:

• auto|xml and auto|scenes modes are deprecated. New auto mode supports both XML files and scenes simultaneously
    • version attribute added

View changelog and documentation for the details.

All current customers will recieve update for free. My contact e-mail is listed at this page. Use that to request the updated version of the plugin. Don't forget to include your registration info (first name, last name and e-mail) in the body of message.

--
    regards,
    Alexandr

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!