Google Analytics Plugin

• There may be a problem with the plugin under 1.17. I am using PTP2, which uses KRPano 1.17.

I am having trouble with the automatic registering of event tracking in particular. (Include 'automatic' tracking, as well as directly calling the 'addevent()' action).

'Manual' tracking code (i.e. using the "trackevent()" action) does work though, if you really need to.

Let me know if you have any luck with this, especially the 'addevent()' action.

• Hi,

I'm using the "Google Analytics" plugin and the "Bottom Menu" plugin into my project.

Is there a way to track onclick action onto the different Item from the Bottom Menu ?

Google Analytics tracking code :

<event name="Acces Scene 1"
    target="group name[menu_item_1].onclick"
    data="Acces Scene 1,Clicked"
    />

Bottom Menu code :

<group name="menu">
    <group name="menu_item_1" item_text="Acces Scene 1" execute="loadscene(scene_3);" />
    <group name="menu_item_2" item_text="Acces Scene 2" execute="loadscene(scene_2);" />
    </group>

Thanks for your help. *smile*

• So Google Analytics is getting data from the Flash version on the PC?

It might be that the HTML5 version has a bug - in my recent testing using krpano 1.17 (from PTP2) I've been having a lot of trouble.

I should note that under krpano 1.16 (from PTP1.8) the analytics still seems to be working ok in HTML5. I'm not sure if it's the new krpano version or how PTP2 uses the underlying krpano javascript code that is causing the issues...

Please let us know if you end up having any success with the html5!

• *** FIXED ***

Hi!

I just bought this plugin. Installation is quite fast and simple... But it does not work :(

I run into the same issue as Udrh does: no automatic tracking but if I trigger manually it using "plugin[ga].trackpageview(...)".

I found a fast and simple fix: for some reason, certainly due to my website structure, the %HTMLPATH% failed to point to the correct place and the following configuration did not work.

Removing the %HTMLPATH% or replacing it with %SWFPATH% appeared to solve my problem!

Paul.

« Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur »
    Pentax stuff.

• Hi

I'm trying to get the Google Analytics Plugin to work on my html5 virtual tours made in krpano. Here's what I have in analytics.xml

Which all works, except it's only tracking the first pano. Locally in control panel it tracks it but online in Analytics it doesn't.

Could it be I'm using an old version of KR Pano? (1.08.14) I would just upgrade it but then the way the licensing works it look like I have to recreate the panos!

Just noticed some other people had this exact same problem quite recently - cseel, in particular. Did you ever find a fix for it?

Many thanks

Masten

• Hi,

Can you check into your tour.xml file if you have this :

Code
    <action name="startup">
    	<!--delayedcall(0.1, add_scenes_to_swfaddress());-->
    	if(startscene === null, copy(startscene,scene[0].name));
    	loadscene(get(startscene), null, MERGE);
    	delayedcall(0.1, add_scenes_to_swfaddress());
    	add_scenes_to_analytics();
    	activatepano(my-first-scene);
    	</action>

You need to change "my-first-scene" by your first scene name.

Hope it help ! *smile*

• Hi there

Thanks for your reply. I tried that in tour.xml but it said

add_scenes_to_swfaddress() not recognised

or something like that in the control panel. I don't have swfaddress running. I don't know what this or how to use it. If you could explain how to use it that'd be great. Do I just get the swfaddress.js file from the demo? then what do I put in the swfaddress.xml file. I've looked at that and it's full of parameters I don't understand.

I also tried doing it manually using the trackpageviews action but I have no idea how to integrate that as the documentation doesn't really explain how you use it. Is this right? I've just put one of the scenes in. Well actually, it cant be right as it doesn't work. Still not tracking anything except the first pano

Many thanks

Masten

• Just realised I haven't added anything to tour.xml except the plugin include. All I have so far in the startup action is this

<action name="startup">
    loadscene(get(scene[0].name), null, MERGE);
    buildthumbs();
    openthumbs();
    </action>

Which is just relevant to the tour, not the analytics tracking. Should there be something else in here to do with the analytics plugin?

Thanks

Masten

• Hi,
    I just try my luck also with the plugin analytics.
    Everything works fine for the moment, except in HTML5. Google analytics receives only the first pano, and nothing after that ... So no worries in flash with the same code.

Does anyone can confirm that the plugin works correctly in the current version of KrPano?

Edited once, last by Riphur (January 16, 2015 at 1:37 PM).

• Good morning,

I have tried the plugin on one of my Panotour Pro generated tours, and am having a bit of trouble getting it to work. I have turned on debug and it appears that the plugin is loading, but I don't see any Google Analytics data being shown on my analytics page, in either the Realtime or the historical data section.

The tour is at http://www.travishale.com/resources/pano/CB_04-09-15.html and this has the one XML file with all of the pano's defined within it, where the pano names are Chrome_Bumpers_1 through to Chrome_Bumpers_4, am I missing something with my Analytics.xml file, which has been set through the include and everything else. I have the full version of the software as well, not the demo so not sure what is going wrong?

I have also tried the demo path for URL, as well as this one and it makes no difference, the files are in that directory though.

Many thanks,

Code
    <krpano>	<!-- Plugins -->	<plugin name="ga"			url="plugins/analytics.swf"			alturl="plugins/analytics.js"			keep="true"			preload="true"			debug="true"			account="UA-12953XXX-6"			prefix="/CB040515"			>		<pano name="Chrome_Bumpers_1"				scene="p1"			   pageurl="/CB1/"			  />		<pano name="Chrome_Bumpers_2"				scene="p2"			   pageurl="/CB2/"			  />		<pano name="Chrome_Bumpers_3"				scene="p3"			   pageurl="/CB3/"			  />		<pano name="Chrome_Bumpers_4"				scene="p4"			   pageurl="/CB4/"			  />			  	</plugin>		<!-- Actions -->	<action name="activatepano">		if (%1 != null,			if (get(action[mainloadpano].content) !== null,				if (%2 == xml, mainloadpano(%HTMLPATH%/%1), mainloadpano(%1)),					if (%2 == xml, loadpano(%HTMLPATH%/%1,null,MERGE,BLEND(1)), loadscene(%1,null,MERGE,BLEND(1)));					wait(blend);			)		);	</action>
    	<action name="add_scenes_to_analytics">		for (set(i,0), i LT scene.count, inc(i), 		  if (get(scene[get(i)].url), copy(data[a.url].content, scene[get(i)].url), copy(data[a.url].content, scene[get(i)].name));		  plugin[ga].addPano(get(scene[get(i)].name), get(scene[get(i)].name), true, get(data[a.url].content));		);	</action></krpano>
  • Hey I could be wrong but I wouldn't waste your time with it. Got way too frustrated with that plugin ages ago and life's too short *wink*

Have ago with this code at the post below

http://www.krpano.com/forum/wbb/inde…ight=#post61463

Thanks to Zephyr it seems to be way less hassle

There was a slight mistake on the code though which Zephyr corrected to make the javascript parse. It missed a )

This is the corrected code

Code
    <events onxmlcomplete=" js(ga('send','pageview', get(xml.scene) ) );" />
  • This Plugin definitely should be taken from the plugin-site *attention* There has´nt been an update or any support in years and the makers mail adress does´nt seem to work either.

Zephyr
    Thanks a ton for your JS-Alternative! *thumbsup* Maybe you should publish a JS-based plugin, working in Flash and HTML5. I would buy it for sure...
    *throwing money at the screen*

Nupsi

• There's no reason for a plugin.. Google analytics just works with krpano js fine.

You could build a simple function so that it gets added to some normal pano events simple with txtadd

txtadd(someonclick, someonclick, ';js(ga("send", "event", ',get(my_event_category),', ',get(my_event_action),', {"page": ',get(my_project_name)','}));');

• Just a quick question, I am using the automatic code to send the pano scene name to Google Analytics when a pano is visited.
    I prefer the automatic approach rather than having to define each pano, but want to now track events for the pano being shared.

Is anyone tracking the social sharing clicks (e.g. facebook, google, email and so on) and if so could they share the code?

• Hello Jaydee,

- What the use of Google Analytics Plugin and SWFAddress Plugin.

- How to know about how many users check our site
    - how many user watch this video
    - how many time watch

I need all information about this point

How Can I use or check in local please help me.

So I can get all things using Google Analytics Plugin and SWFAddress Plugin???

• Please don't dubble-post. It won't get you an answer more quickly.

It is not entirely clear what you want from your post. Could you perhaps rephrase it?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!