• Hi !
    Is it possible to add multiple previews in KRPano?
    I was thinking in this:
    1) preview very light (<50KB) for very slow connections
    2) preview in normal quality (<300KB maybe...)
    3) high quality image (>1500KB)

Thanks !!
    Enrique.

• Well in reality thats what you do with multi level.
    the preview is around 50-70kb
    If you use 512 cubefaces as the first level you will typically have 6x50 kb as first level.
    Next level will be 1024x1024 and tiled as 2x2 which means 6x4 at 50 kb = 1200kb
    And so on.

Hans

• But how i's the load process in that case?
    I mean, if I understood well, with multires panos we are not loading the big tiles until we zoom it, and only the viewing tiles are loaded.
    I don't want that functionality, I want 3 complete loads, firt the low preview, then the medium size preview, and finally the HQ image, 3 panos loaded completely and without user interaction.
    Do you know if this is possible?

• enripd there is a way to force load a certain level. using IF statements you could possibly detect which playform is being used and force load a certain layer of the multirez based on that. i would have to dig around the forums but i know klaus stated how to force load a level.

• I found these actions:

Code
    multireslevel  -   int -The multireslevel variable returns the current multi-resolution level

lockmultireslevel   -   String   - Lock the automatic multi-resolution level selection to an fixed level.
    Set lockmultireslevel to "current" to lock the level to the current level. 

downloadlockedlevel   -  Boolean    -  When set to true then the locked level will be downloaded completely.

But I don't know why "lockmultireslevel" is a String, what if we want to lock a level that is not the current?
    And how can we check if the level is loaded completely or not?

Because onloadComplete:
    http://www.krpano.com/docu/xml/#events.onloadcomplete
    says:

In the case of multi-resolution panos this event will be called when the first complete view was loaded.

• Hi,

But I don't know why "lockmultireslevel" is a String, what if we want to lock a level that is not the current?
    And how can we check if the level is loaded completely or not?

it is a String to allow setting it to "current", but setting it to Number (0-n) is also possible of course,

checking if a whole level is loaded is not possible, normally the whole level will not be loaded, e.g. for every big pano that would be not possible, only the needed tiles will be loaded, and when the memory will become low, currently not used tiles will be removed and reloaded when needed again,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!