Rendering a textfield plugin within a hotspot

• Hello,

I took some time to go over the existing threads to find the answer but I wasn't able to.

My question is, I'm wondering whether it is possible to create a textfield plugin and integrate this into a separately created hotspot. I am creating a partial html page using the textfield plugin and I would like this rendered as part of the panorama within a hotspot so that it is distorted as necessary when I move inside the panorama.

To clarify, I know I can make a plugin appear after clicking on a hotspot and this is not my objective. I want the plugin to appear where the hotspot should be and be part of the panorama, rather than appear on top of it.

In the reference at https://krpano.com/plugins/textfield/ the second bullet point states that "it can be used as plugin or as hotspot" but does not give any details on how to go about this.

This may have an obvious answer or may not even be possible. Either way, any help will be appreciated.

• install the editor and the textfield as a plugin and then view the xml you will see all the options needed to use as a plugin. plugin name="textfield" now change the name to a hotspot. hotspot name="textfield" go back into the xml and the textfield hotspot will have different choices. i am not sure if a textfield can be distorted. if it can it is going to really screw with the text or what ever is put in it. might even slow older computers down having to calculate all that distortion.

• Thanks very much for the reply.

I successfully managed to do this after creating a hotspot and setting its url attribute to the textfield plugin. I didn't realise I was able to input anything other than image types for the url before.

The distortion takes place and it works nicely. However, I don't think the textfield was ever meant to be used in this way. You aren't able to update its contents dynamically and it loses all interactivity as even the links won't open when you click on them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!