e-card plugin now available in english, french, spain, portuguese, russian and polish

• Great!!!

Is it difficult when i want to make a dutch translation?
    Do i get the fla when i buy?
    Or should i get you some dutch texts, it's not that much..

and

is it also possible tah you can set a background for the email? color and/or picture?
    Didn't see that in the ref.

Great *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup*

Tuur *thumbsup*

• Hi Tuur, is you want to translate this plugin in Dutch you'll have to buy the source files.
    For the email template tou can modify it as you want, even with the swf version as the mail template is an html file outside the plugin.

• what is the cost of the source files? i think i emailed you yesterday or the day before asking for an english version :)

Hi VN2009,

sorry, i've no email from you.
    The plugin costs 25 € (paypal) and includes the plugin himself (swf), the php files, the template files and a web example.

To change the swf (own design or swf-texts) you will need the flash cs4-package.
    This costs 95 € (paypal): standard version + upgrade price.

• Hi Iceman
    Would it be possible to get a version of the E-Card Plugin with XML File with Parameter for all used Text (multilanguage) and all other isues like Colors, Fonts and so on?
    Putting the valus in an XML File would give the possibilities to supply E-Cards in as many languages as needed and all could be feeded easily in PHP into an SQL Database.

What do you think?

Greetings
    Rienus

• iceman I sent you an email also but like to double up in case you check here first. i have the ecard plugin setup in my demo site and i have it almost working. the plugins shows up you can enter in all the fields, when you click send the jpg image shows up in the ecard folder but no mail is sent. nothing happens. if you click SEND a second time it then says 'your email has already been sent' no errors or no confirmation happens. i have edited the config files correctly i believe. i have set the settings under SMTP to relay off itself so i should need no username and password as this server runs an SMTP service already we host hunderes of businesses on it. i see in the php file there are a few ways to send mail. like i said i setup the smtp section but cannot find anywhere to tell that it is actually using the SMTP instead of the phpmailer.

the server is runing IIS 6.0 and we have PHP 5.2.9 installed.

please help!

• If I remember it's phpmailer by default (the one coded by falko)
    You can also use an other class of phpmailer with more functions but then you have to set the path of this class in 2 files (ecard.php and ??? I don't remember wich one)
    I'll have a look after the childrens bath and tell you then ! *g*

• To use the phpmailer class you have to setup :

in ecard.php :
    $checkoutpath = "absolute path/ecard_manageemail.php";
    $phpmailerpath = "relative path/class.phpmailer.php";

in ecard_manageemail.php :
    $checkinpath = "absolute path/ecard_manageemail.php";
    $phpmailerpath = "relative path/class.phpmailer.php";

and it should work !

• this is what i have set.

ecard.php
    $checkoutpath = "http://www.virtualnorthland.com/panos/duluth2/…manageemail.php";
    /* url-path to the manage-script (http://) - no query params needed */

$phpmailerpath = "class.phpmailer.php";
    /* relative path from this file to the class.phpmailer.php - uses this mailerclass to send the mail */

ecard_manageemail.php
    $checkinpath = "http://www.virtualnorthland.com/panos/duluth2/…manageemail.php";
    /* url-path to the manage-script (http://) - no query params needed */
    $phpmailerpath = "class.phpmailer.php";
    /* relative path from this file to the class.phpmailer.php - uses this mailerclass to send the mail */

@iceman - there is no debug file that i can find. inside the ecard folder there is an ecard.log but no other log files to be found. i will test the new version you sent me tomorrow.

this is what was in the ecard.log file
    62.147.157.87 - 24/02/2011:10:30:58 - Action: createimage - Response: imagename=card1298565058-1.jpg&imageid=d9d2327890f099aca5e38ba468c0ee05
    80.132.92.198 - 24/02/2011:11:55:53 - Action: createimage - Response: imagename=card1298570153-1.jpg&imageid=b52c7c8807be5cf6b6ee6da29c314168

• i have version 1.1.4 beta in place. in both of the following i tried to change class.phpmailer.php -> class.smtp.php but niether method works. still same behavior. i changed nothing in class.smtp.php or class.phpmailer.php. i still cannot find a debug.log as well. if i could find that i might be able to figure something out. i am still getting the jpg image in my ecard folder but that is as far as it will go.

i changed this in ecard.php

and this in ecard_manageemail.php

EDIT: since the server that hosts my website is also an smtp server i tried to replace mail.virtualnorthland.com with 127.0.0.1 and set useauth to false and still no luck. if i debug.log file was present i could find where it is breaking.

Edited 3 times, last by VN2011 (February 24, 2011 at 10:59 PM).

• Do you have copied the class.smtp.php parallel to your class.phpmailer.php (class.phpmailer.php must be set in the ecard.php - the class.smtp.php is an additional for the phpmailer) ?

And can your server send emails with different senders (senders that has no email on your webserver) ?

• Do you have copied the class.smtp.php parallel to your class.phpmailer.php (class.phpmailer.php must be set in the ecard.php - the class.smtp.php is an additional for the phpmailer) ?

And can your server send emails with different senders (senders that has no email on your webserver) ?

yes the 2 files are parrallel. i don't think the server is an open relay. but is this plugin not using the username and password I supply as authenitcation for sending? if it is always using the same username and password to send the mail the senders email address should not matter. correct?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!