format for existing tiled image - to make one image... to then drop in kmakemultires

• I've got an existing image that is 8 tiles - 4 horizontal, 2 vertical and I'm trying to use the tool to make it into a single image so that I can drop it on kmakemultires...

but I'm having some trouble understanding the correct syntax and options to use.

I have the images set to the format ... name_%v_%h.jpg

If I could get a sample input I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thanks

Graydon

• OK... lesson learned... post a question and then have a thought... and solve your own problem.

problem is... I closed the command line screen and hope I can remember what I did to make it work.

One thing I know I mistook... name_%v_%h.jpg does not mean name_1v_1h.jpg... it means name_1_1.jpg

My other problem is that there's a limit on the max image size... so now I'll go and play and see if I can figure out how to re-tile some pre-tiled images.

• Hi,

here is a example code to "re-tile":

Code
    kmaketiles name_%v_%h.jpg retiled.tif 0 -insize=10000x5000 -intilesize=1000

the first parameter - "name_%v_%h.jpg" - is the template for the input tiles
    the "0" between the "%" and the "v" or "h" define a leading "0"
    e.g.
    %v = 1,2,3, ... 10,12,13 ...
    %0v = 01,02,03 ... 10,12,13 ...
    %00v = 001,002,003 ... 010,012,013 ...

the default index base/start is 1, to change this add "-indexbase=N" to the command line,

the second parameter - "retiled.tif" - is the output/re-tiled image,
    it would be also possible to use %v/%u here to create other-sized tiles,

the first parameter - "0" - the tilesize, "0" is for a unlimited large tile,
    this is used when no output tiles should be created

the two last parameters:

-insize=WIDTHxHEIGHT - define the size of the input image
    -intilesize=TILESIZE - define the tilesize of the input tiles

best regards,
    Klaus

• the two last parameters:

-insize=WIDTHxHEIGHT - define the size of the input image
    -intilesize=TILESIZE - define the tilesize of the input tiles

This was the area that confused me at first... as I didn't get that the "insize" would be the combined total width and height of all the tiles added together...

So, if I had an intilesize of 1000 for the 8 tiles (4 columns x 2 rows)... then the insize would be 4000x2000... Once you know, it seems simple enough... but I had a brain block there for some time. *g*

It might have been good if I had also realized...

Zitat

the second parameter - "retiled.tif" - is the output/re-tiled image,
    it would be also possible to use %v/%u here to create other-sized tiles,

... but I wanted to be able to use the multires tool to create the different layers and not deal with figuring out that part yet.

For the time being I think I've got it setup so that I only need to do some batch renaming to get the new layers / tiles set in the correct location.

• So, if I had an intilesize of 1000 for the 8 tiles (4 columns x 2 rows)... then the insize would be 4000x2000... Once you know, it seems simple enough... but I had a brain block there for some time. *g*

one more note:

the image size must be not perfectly dividable through the tilesize

e.g. if the original image is 3500x1500 and the tilesize is 1000,
    then you have tiles with the following sizes:

row1 - 1000x1000, 1000x1000, 1000x1000, 500x1000
    row2 - 1000x500, 1000x500, 1000x500, 500x500

that's just an example, it's better to know the original size instead
    of calculating it from the number of tiles

best regards,
    Klaus

• uuggghhh *cursing*

Some lessons are learned the hard way... and only after repeating them time after time...

when using kmaketiles... make sure to put your tools license in the folder with the tools.... otherwise you wait forever for 8000 tiles to be made and THEN realize they all have the watermark on them.

You'd think I'd remember this stuff *rolleyes*

Well, at least I know it will work. *thumbup*

• I tried to follow this advice but I can't seem to get it to work for me. I have two levels of tiles that I want to bring back together and use kmaketiles. I know it will make sense once someone posts the correct info. *whistling*

my tiles are named like this.

l2_u_02_02.jpg

I can't seem to get the level and cube direction to pass properly. I know it is because I still don't have a good grasp of variables.

• Hi,

I can't seem to get the level and cube direction to pass properly. I know it is because I still don't have a good grasp of variables.

kmaketiles can only tile or combine one file at once,

so you when have several levels or cube sides, you need to call it separately for every level/cubeside,

e.g.

Code
    kmaketiles l2_l_%0v_%0u.jpg l2_l_combined.tif 0 -insize=5000x5000 -intilesize=1000 -inindexbase=1
    kmaketiles l2_f_%0v_%0u.jpg l2_f_combined.tif 0 -insize=5000x5000 -intilesize=1000 -inindexbase=1
    kmaketiles l2_r_%0v_%0u.jpg l2_r_combined.tif 0 -insize=5000x5000 -intilesize=1000 -inindexbase=1
    kmaketiles l2_b_%0v_%0u.jpg l2_b_combined.tif 0 -insize=5000x5000 -intilesize=1000 -inindexbase=1
    kmaketiles l2_u_%0v_%0u.jpg l2_u_combined.tif 0 -insize=5000x5000 -intilesize=1000 -inindexbase=1
    kmaketiles l2_d_%0v_%0u.jpg l2_d_combined.tif 0 -insize=5000x5000 -intilesize=1000 -inindexbase=1

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!