ondown event needed.

• ondown event.

using the vtour droplet in order to have the thunbs close auotmatically they are coded to an onclick event. viewing the thumbs on my iphone they never close since there is never an onclick event that happens. we need an ondown event to replace the onclick for touch devices.

EDIT: I just tested the onmousedown event and it does work. I did not think it would because it stated mouse. Maybe it is called onmousedown but the mouse part is not needed it works for touch also.

• yes i have used the ondown for hotspots and plugins. however i am talking about a global ondown event like seen here. i did not know about the onmousedown event it must be new. even though it says mouse it still works for touch so the event I was asking for is already available. in your tour you posted you have removed the closethumbs () that autocloses them with any click.

the vtour bat file uses the global onclick event to auto close the thumbs. it works no matter where on the screen you click. so for an touch device if you want the thumbs to close when the screen is touched you would chagne the onclicks in the red text below to onmousedown. otherwise they never close as there is never a click.

Edited once, last by VN2009 (January 7, 2011 at 7:16 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!