Default xml file not working when embedded

• Hi,
    In the documentation it states that, if no xml file is supplied in the flashvars, krpano will default to "name of krpano SWF".xml, however, this only seems to work when opening the krpano.swf directly. When the krpano is embedded in html via swfobject 1.5 or regular <embed /> the xml does not default to "name of krpano SWF".xml

Any response, ideas, suggestions are highly appreciated.

I really would like to get this resolved and not have to attach a xml file via flashvars, to keep the embed code as simple as possible for sharing and off-site embed purposes.

Thanks,
    P

Edited once, last by pb360 (March 10, 2009 at 5:57 AM).

• pb360,

Take a look at krprotect http://www.krpano.com/forum/wbb/inde…ad&threadID=331. It's a new tool by klaus. it embeds the xml in the swf, images are not embedded in the beta but I think it will be in the official release. Just read the thread I forgot what I saw there.

To download go here
    http://www.krpano.com/download/beta/

I think the filename is krprotect.exe. It has a GUI and is very easy to use. On first run just setup your krpano licenses by pointing where they are located or by dragging them to the properf field then you're good to go.

Milo

• In the documentation it states that, if no xml file is supplied in the flashvars, krpano will default to "name of krpano SWF".xml, however, this only seems to work when opening the krpano.swf directly. When the krpano is embedded in html via swfobject 1.5 or regular <embed /> the xml does not default to "name of krpano SWF".xml

normally this should work so,
    but only when no "xml" or "pano" parameter/variable is set in the html file...

do you have a not working example?

• Sorry, no example online. But I tested it with the fresh file from your download package with the following version:

INFO: krpano 1.0.7
    INFO: Flashplayer MAC 9,0,151,0 PlugIn
    INFO: registered to: XXX

I embedded via swfobject 1.5 and also tried the regular <embed> way on firefox & safari. Krpano.swf loads the default file fine, if loaded directly (not embedded), but as soon as embedded and no pano variable is supplied, the default xml is not being loaded.

Wicked sowftware package and xml intercface though. Once the last few issues are resolved I will showcase our new player here. Klaus, you made it pretty easy for anybody to look good with this.

Thanks, Ciao.

P

• can you copy over the code you are using to embed... that isn't working... as well as which browser you are using... and if there are any error messages shown.... ??

One thing off the top of my head that could cause problems was using a trailing " , " on the last item specified in either the vars, params or attributes... but that only effects IE from what I remember.

• Thanks for the suggestion Graydon, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Here is one of the code version I tried:

Also, this happens on mac and pc, firefox, safari, ie 6/7, localhost and online. Seems pretty consistent. The only time it works well is, when I call the krpano.swf directly within the browser of flashplayer.

Thanks for all your input,

Ciao.

P

• Have you tried it with these two lines removed?

Code
    so.addVariable("id", 23);
                so.addVariable("panoId", 40);

I did a quick test... took out the normal addVariable("pano"... and it worked.

When I put those two lines into it... the swf loaded... but it didn't seem to look for the xml. Maybe those lines are causing an issue somewhere?

• Hi,

the default XML is only loaded when no parameters are set!

this has a special reason:

it's possible to declare a pano only with parameters and without xml,
    e.g.

Code
    so.addVariable("qtvr", "pano.mov");

or

Code
    so.addVariable("sphere", "pano.jpg");

or in long form with additional parameters:

Code
    so.addVariable("image.type", "SPHERE");
    so.addVariable("image.sphere.url", "pano.jpg");
    so.addVariable("image.hfov", "180");
    so.addVariable("view.fov", "50");

so a default xml is not needed and that's the reason why no xml is loaded

best regards,
    Klaus

• Klaus,
    Could you manage to offer a solution, where even if you supply parameters, but no xml parameter, krpano.swf is still looking for the default xml?
    The reason why I ask is, we have a bunch of 360 Tours embedded on external sites and we would love to perform a silence migration to krpano (from fpp) for all our external 360 Tours. Now we have way too many external integrations, to be contacting each individual user and ask them to update their embed code.

Thanks.
    P

• Nice idea, but my problem is, that I have a bunch of embedded tours on different external user domains, that already have flashvars specified in their object/embed code. So, as Klaus mentioned (if I understand it right) as soon as a flashvar is set within the embed code, krpano.swf does automatically not look for a default swf file anymore. So unless I find a way to keep a code like this and still have a default xml file loading, I'm srewed...:

Code
    <object width="450" height="300">
    <param name="movie" value="DOMAIN/panoV2.swf"></param>
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param>
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#1d1d1d"></param>
    <param name="allowFullscreen" value="true"></param>
    <param name="FlashVars" value="id=33&amp;panoId=61"></param>
    <embed src="DOMAIN/panoV2.swf" flashvars="id=33&amp;panoId=61" allowScriptAccess="always"  bgcolor="#1d1d1d" allowFullscreen="true"  width="450" height="300"></embed>
    </object>
  • Just tried the krprotect that Milo suggested and it worked great unfortunately the krprotect only works with .8beta so I guess I'll have to wait a little while.
    Are the any time frames on the .8 release?

Thanks,

P

• I understand, but I also think the only way would be to use the kprotect tool...
    changing the default behavior is not possible, I could make a special version,
    but that's also not a perfect solution, for every update a special version would be needed too...

• Klaus,
    Quick question: How stable is the .8 beta if you only use .7 features in it? The reason I ask is because the krprotect only runs with the .8 beta. And I would like to switch our whole pano library over asap.
    Thnaks. Ciao.
    P

• Hi, if you use just the features from the 1.0.7 and maybe disable the Flash10 usage if it will
    be too slow, there should be no problem, just try it

only in the 1.0.8 beta 6, there is one known bug, when a polygonal hotspot will be hidden (set "visible" to "false")
    it can't make visible again, but this is fixed in the next beta

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!