Missing parameters for autorotation

• When using autorotation you should have two different wait time. But you can only set one which makes it hard to use.
    You should have to set one for starting autorotation after loading and one after interaction.

After interaction you need at least 10 sec. If you want to start it at loading you need maybe 3-4 sec

Hans

• <krpano version="1.0.8" onstart="set(autorotate.waittime, 4);">

if the pano is loaded and nothing is done it will start in 4 seconds.

<events onclick="set(autorotate.waittime, 10); delayedcall(1, set(event.onclick,null));" />

the global event onclick will change that setting the very first time anything is done inside the pano. then reset the global onclick to null so it does not happen each time a user clicks.

• <krpano version="1.0.8" onstart="set(autorotate.waittime, 4);">

if the pano is loaded and nothing is done it will start in 4 seconds.

<events onclick="set(autorotate.waittime, 10); delayedcall(1, set(event.onclick,null));" />

the global event onclick will change that setting the very first time anything is done inside the pano. then reset the global onclick to null so it does not happen each time a user clicks.

Yes this works, but unfortunatelly not for all devices with same settings. I use ondown to load from thumbnails and this works best both on iPad and desktop even if what you do on the desktop is a click.

This seems to be interpreted different on the iPad and the ondown loading actually sets the wait to max at loading.

I have tried to set an onload or onstart event for 2 sec wait but it seems that the onclick overrides this.

Hans

• Hi,

Yes this works, but unfortunatelly not for all devices with same settings. I use ondown to load from thumbnails and this works best both on iPad and desktop even if what you do on the desktop is a click.

This seems to be interpreted different on the iPad and the ondown loading actually sets the wait to max at loading.

sorry, I can't follow you...
    what do you mean with "I use ondown to load from thumbnails" and "ondown loading"?

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

sorry, I can't follow you...
    what do you mean with "I use ondown to load from thumbnails" and "ondown loading"?

best regards,
    Klaus

ondown works much better on iPad than onclick. I assume you have an iPad.
    Check the sound interface demo.
    http://www.panoramas.dk/panorama/krpan…rks/index4.html

The difference is easy to feel if you try the Help button and then the thumbs.
    The thumbs react with just touch, the help you really need to click.
    ondown is also much better for handicapped. I know, my daughter is slightly spastic in her fingers so i know how hard it can be for some to do a click.

Hans

• Not quite. There is a large difference in the force you need . Ondown works more like on touch on iPad and on a desktop you will not get any difference from onclick unless you know how tom do it.

I have worked all week with Ayrton on it sometimes the onclick needs you to do several clicks to work on the iPad.

Ayrton said it was OK to publish it here if you want to see the difference on how it works
    http://www.360-foto.dk/ayrton-vtour/

This use the <events onclick="set(autorotate.waittime, 12); delayedcall(1, set(event.onclick,null));" /> to set wait to 12 sec but that does not work on the iPad . Even if I just touch the thumbs to load that changes the waittime and the autorotation does not start after the 3.0 se I have in the autorotator code.

If I change it to ondown...waittime, 12 it works on iPad but not on desktop.

I also aded an onstart event with just 2 sec wait to see if that could override it but it but that has no effect.

Hans

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!