New Tools lots of bugs

• I just started to use the new tools but unfortunately they have a lot of bugs especially for HTML5.
    I am using the Mac version

1. The MAKE VTOUR (NORMAL) droplet seems to be the only one that works OK but using iPhone or iPad as webagent in Safari does not load the correct cubefaces. Instead I get the full resolution. From the report I got from a friend with an iPhone it seems to work correct on it

2. MAKE VTOUR (MULTIRES) droplet this one produces exactly the same as the NORMAl. No Multires.
    When you check the terminal log you can see that it also uses the Normal config.

kmakemultires 1.0.8.12 - 64bit (build 2010-11-09)
    - using user config: vtour-normal.config

If I change multires=false to true in the Normal config it claims that it produces 3 levels but it only make me the smallest 700 cubeface
    -tilesize=700 (automatic)
    -levels=3 - 2800x2800, 1400x1400, 700x700

And what you see is very weird http://www.panoramas.dk/test/krpanobug.jpg

3. So I thought maybe the single MAKE PANO (MULTIRES) droplet would work and for flash it works as always but when I enable HTML5 output and use iPhone or iPad as user agent I only get the preview loaded.
    Same with the MAKE PANO (NORMAL) droplet

So currently I can not produce the multiresolution VTour with HTML5 support I need to do.

Hans

• Hi,

1. The MAKE VTOUR (NORMAL) droplet seems to be the only one that works OK but using iPhone or iPad as webagent in Safari does not load the correct cubefaces. Instead I get the full resolution. From the report I got from a friend with an iPhone it seems to work correct on it

yes, this was my intention, the krpanoJS script detects that it is on a Desktop Browser and in this case it uses the big images,

2. MAKE VTOUR (MULTIRES) droplet this one produces exactly the same as the NORMAl. No Multires.
    When you check the terminal log you can see that it also uses the Normal config.

right, this was a bug, it was fixed in the latest release:
    https://krpano.com/news/#2010-11-12

If I change multires=false to true in the Normal config it claims that it produces 3 levels but it only make me the smallest 700 cubeface
    -tilesize=700 (automatic)
    -levels=3 - 2800x2800, 1400x1400, 700x700

And what you see is very weird http://www.panoramas.dk/test/krpanobug.jpg

changing just multires to true in the normal.config would be not enough in this case,
    in the normal.config the tile path is defined without tile placeholders:

Code
    tilepath=%INPUTPATH%/ºSENAME%.tiles/pano[_c].jpg

so every tile file gets the same filename,
    e.g. in the kmakemultires.config the tile path was defined as:

Code
    tilepath=%INPUTPATH%/%BASENAME%.tiles/l%Al[_c]_%Av_%Ah.jpg

3. So I thought maybe the single MAKE PANO (MULTIRES) droplet would work and for flash it works as always but when I enable HTML5 output and use iPhone or iPad as user agent I only get the preview loaded.
    Same with the MAKE PANO (NORMAL) droplet

hmm... 'only the preview' ?... sorry, I don't know that case...

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks Klaus
    Have downloaded the new version. Works OK now.

One question why is not levels etc not enabled in the Vtour multiresolution config.
    Or is it actually using the standard kmakemultires.config for that?

I found out why the single multires did not load HTML5.
    I use a default skin with a textfield.swf in it. Removing that made everything work.

Hans

• Hi,

One question why is not levels etc not enabled in the Vtour multiresolution config.
    Or is it actually using the standard kmakemultires.config for that?

do you mean why there is no "level" setting in the "vtour-mres.config"?
    there is no special reason, each setting has a default value and when a value
    isn't defined then the default value is used, e.g. for the "level" setting this is "auto",

I found out why the single multires did not load HTML5.
    I use a default skin with a textfield.swf in it. Removing that made everything work.

didn't you get an error or so?
    maybe the xml was not fully valid (the xml parsers of the browsers are not so tolerant like
    the xml parser of the flashplayer in the case of xml syntax errors),
    you can check a xml for syntax correctness by opening it direct in the browser,

best regards.
    Klaus

• No the page does not give any error message of any kind. Not as Flash and not as HTML5.
    Nothing wrong with the defaultskin.xml there is no syntax errors reported when you open it in the activity viewer.

Everything loads perfect in flash.

But if you load the html5 you just get the html, 01.js, preview.jpg, 01.xml, defaultskin.xml loaded

Hans

• I am bit confused about how the multires is supposed to work on the iDevices.
    When I create a multires it works pretty well on any desktop device but I cannot zoom in when I play the same file on iPad or iPhone.
    Just the normal resolution is displayed. Is that just whats possible or would I have to investigate for errors.
    I used the latest krpano files from 03/01 without any changes.

This is a link where I had built the files with an earlier version of krpano, but with the latest the result is the same when I use the ser Agent for viewing (don't have the time to ulpoad 1,5k files to Amazon ;)
    http://bavaria360.s3.amazonaws.com/hollywoodhills/hollywoodhills.html

Thanks
    Jürgen

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!