Radar on an external google map(how to do this)

• Hi,

I'm developing something like mapjack (http://www.mapjack.com). 3 frames (1 sidebar, and the center has 2, the upper is the krpano frame, and the lower is the googlemap frame). I want my marker on the google map to behave like the radar plugin, when i move the view the marker changes direction. I read on a google map forum that I just need to change the marker image to fake a rotating animation.

I read the krpano javascript support doc and I could now call js functions on the google map frame from the krpano frame. What I want to be able to do is when i move the view on the krpano frame I could pass data to a js function on the google map frame. Is there an event for this (something like onChange, onMove, on????)? I looked at the radar plugin and didn't see any events there, I also checked the main documentation but didn't find somthing like that. Please point me to the right direction any hints or tips will be appreciated. *smile*

Btw, I purchased the googlemap plugin but later realised I had to put the google map on a different frame, because I'm gonna do a lot of javascript programming later on and it would be harder to customize the plugin because im just starting to learn flash/actionscript.

Thanks,
    Milo

• Hi,

there is no event for view changes, moves at the moment (but I have planned one)

but I think a event for each move wouldn't be the best way:
    the interface flash <=> javascript is relatively slow, and while
    moving it could be possible to get 60 events/javascript calls per second,
    that would drop down the performance,

a better way should be use a timer in javascript in read
    the variables from krpano only every 50ms for example,

here is a simple javascript example that works in this way:

https://krpano.com/examples/javascript2/
    (click on the "click to continuous get lookat" button)

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!