about the new "device" setting : how to allow Flash but no android ?

• Hi,

with all the new features, i'm trying to update all my settings...

how to setup the "device" setting to make a plugin works if this is Only flash but not on android,
    example with the snow.swf plugin asking a lot of CPU :

with this it works on flash desktop and android : right ?

Code
    <plugin device="flash" keep="true"  preload="true" name="snow" url="krpano_files/snow.swf" />

with this it works on flash desktop but load with html5 too : right ?

Code
    <plugin device="desktop" keep="true"  preload="true" name="snow" url="krpano_files/snow.swf" />

then what's the setting for Flash Dektop Only ??

Thanks *wink*

z

Edited once, last by zadda (November 14, 2010 at 6:09 PM).

• If it is a swf type plugin, it will not work on idevices unless you have an an alternate image that is compatible with idevices. Where did you see that you could use a tag called device in a plugin? I don't think that is a valid command unless of course you have an action that will do the actual processing with an if statement for the idevice detection. You should use Safari or something else that works to check your settings before you go too far. Michel and I had issues with Safari this week so a new bugfix by Klaus MAY be on the way.

I don't think you can replicate the snow with XML but if anyone can do it, it would be Klaus.

• hi,

Where did you see that you could use a tag called device in a plugin?

things move fast :
    https://krpano.com/examples/10812/releasenotes.txt

- new "devices" setting for plugin and hotspot elements for controlling
    where the element should appear

*smile*

You should use Safari or something else that works to check your settings before you go too far.

there no android user agent under develop menu in safari...

z

• I have to admit, I was totally asleep when I read your first post. I "thought" you were talking about the idevices because I saw the word "device". So sorry.

Going back to your original request, which I now think I understand completely,
    I think the desktop option is what you are looking for to keep it on the desktop but not on the android.

I "think" the HTML5 portion would only served on a desktop with HTML5 and not on the other HTML5 devices.

Is that what you meant?

BTW, these new settings (that I overlooked) open a lot of doors for creating unique tours all on one xml file. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup*

• Hi,

As today we have a newly updated Documentation (THE MUST READ) *attention* *thumbsup* , here are the doc links to the new devices setting for plugin and hotspot elements:
    plugin[name].devices
    hotspot[name].devices

how to setup the "device" setting to make a plugin works if this is Only flash but not on android,
    example with the snow.swf plugin asking a lot of CPU :

As we now have new variables to check the devices in use, as isandroid , perhaps something like this will do:

Code
    <events onxmlcomplete="if(isandroid,removeplugin(snow))" />

<plugin name="snow" device="flash" keep="true" preload="true" url="krpano_files/snow.swf" />

Also, we can check the device in use directly from the html embedding step ....
    Have a look to the krpano.html file in the example folder.

Hope this help...

SAlut.

• hi michel,
    i start to wonder if you're really an human being or a robot programmed by Klaus *g*
    cause you're always on board and with the good answer *g* *g*

yep, i think i will use the isandroid statement, until klaus create a device="flashnoandroid" or "flashnomobile"

thanks

z

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!